The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old June 19, 2011, 06:40 PM   #51
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Florio is past history and not of interest.

However ... now that this thread has been dredged up, does anyone have anything new to report regarding the NRA's and/or InterArms' suits against the State of NJ?
Old June 20, 2011, 01:41 PM   #52
alan

It is NOT my intention to come off sounding like a smart ass but the problem seems to revolve about your state of residence. It might not be doable for you, for various reasons, but have you considered relocating.

Speaking personally, I quit NYC where I grew up and lived for many years in 1967. Guess why. Such action might not work for everyone, but it might be worth thinking on.
Old June 20, 2011, 02:44 PM   #53
NJgunowner

With the state of the job economy right now finding work out of state is PITA. I was all set to move back to the midwest then the economy tanked... so here I stay sigh.
Old June 23, 2011, 03:58 AM   #54
JustThisGuy

I have a dear friend who is former FBI who lives in NJ. I talked with him about moving to the great state of Texas.

After adding up NJ income tax, property tax, sales tax, and municipal taxes and fees (car registration, etc.) and adding in the high cost of living and cost of energy (car gas + home gas + electricity), he is coming to the conclusion that it is far better and cheaper to live in Texas where there is no income tax, a reasonable sales and property tax and a very affordable cost of living and enough good jobs to go around.

And, oh yeah, no problem with guns there.

Something to think about.

Mediocrity dominates over excellence in all things... except excellence.
Old June 23, 2011, 05:25 AM   #55
Maxem0815

I left the north east years ago I remember when the State of Connecticut made everyone who owned a "assault rifle" register it like a machine gun and get paper work to prove you can have it and that it was purchased before the all out ban. Sounds like N.J. has become the Obama perfect peoples republic.

Nice reason to live in Florida and we have no state income tax and no personal property tax (in CT you never own your car the State does).

Mace

Happiness is a belt fed weapon and lots of ammo
Old June 23, 2011, 05:51 AM   #56
youngunz4life

for the TX & FL posters

"You all can go to he*&, and I'll go to Texas." -Davy Crockett

"Welcome to the gunshine state."
Old June 23, 2011, 06:33 AM   #57
BGutzman

One day the court is really going to have to come to some sort of crystal clear interpretation of what "Shall not be infringed" means, until that day comes its going to be subject to the political whims of whatever group is in power in whatever state/s.

The problem is I see it without a clear defining set of rules from the SCOTUS its pretty easy for legislatures to do whatever and if its stuck down often a new law with slightly different wording is enacted and we end up doing the same thing again...

Thats my two cents...

Tags
gun recall law nj , rights , states