The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old November 30, 2014, 06:35 AM   #1
Consort

TFO Night Sight question

I recently installed a set of Tru Glo TFO night sights on my G19. The screw securing the front sight is tightened as much as it can be without the risk of either breaking or stripping it. The rear 2/3 of the sight blade does not make full contact with the slide surface. I've read the installation instructions twice and have done everything correctly. I am thinking I might have just received a warped set. Any thoughts? I watched a guy on Youtube (after my effort) installing TFOs on his G41; he experienced the same problem. No resolution in his case.
Old December 1, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Nathan

I had the same issue on an XD. I think their design is gap to avoid maring the slide top.
Old December 1, 2014, 09:24 PM   #3
jnichols2

Mine came factory installed on a G21. There are no gaps anywhere. I can't slide a 3x5 card in.

You didn't mention how much of a gap you have.

Have you shot it? Is it on target?
Old December 2, 2014, 01:51 PM   #4
Elerius

I had the same sights installed on a glock 19. I think there was a slight gap on mine, but I just ignored it. Varying degrees of tolerances I guess
Old December 2, 2014, 03:29 PM   #5
Consort

The gap (more of a bowing) is what I would term significant. I haven't attempted shooting it yet. It does have a tendency to snag when coming out of the holster, though. Local gunsmith suggested epoxy, but I don't want to do anything that might ruin the slide.