The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 7, 2012, 01:15 PM   #26
Rmart30

I ordered several handguns from buds and they were shipped either overnight or 2nd day and arrived quickly with no problems.
I also ordered a Savage rifle from them sometime later that was listed as "in stock" and it arrived, not so quickly.
It arrived 10 days later if I remember correctly and I am shown to be in their "2 day long gun shipping area". Not that big of a deal right? Not really, but.
In my case I needed it quicker than that and had I known before placing the order that the advertised 2 day shipping would have been more than 5+ days I would have purchased elsewhere with no hard feelings toward them.
My main beef with them was to try actually getting a real person on the phone to resolve a problem when you call there and aren't wanting to place a order.
The person I eventually got to talk to was courteous and nice, but it took 3 -5 calls over a 2 day period to get to that point. Totally unacceptable customer service IMO. Will I ever buy anything else from them? I probably will but only if its something they have and no one else does.
I still use them for a reference of prices, but they are on the bottom of my list of places for online purchases.
Old January 7, 2012, 02:45 PM   #27
Logs

Always had good luck with Buds.
Old January 7, 2012, 03:05 PM   #28
Nathan

I have dealt with Bud's twice in the last 3 months. I like them. I have had good experiences, except for speed of delivery. Both of my guns had the view in Lexington symbol.

The issue I have is that Bud's has to ship pistols overnight. They have my money immediately, but it still takes like 7 business days to get me the gun. If they had better money handling policies and better shipping/handling, they could get people their guns tomorrow.

Last, the prices are good, but the bigger REAL LGS's can beat them sometimes, so they are not great prices.

IMO, Bud's has a year or 2 to get their pricing and shipping figured out or someone else will swoop in and they will become a tiny gun store or even close.
Old January 7, 2012, 03:09 PM   #29
cslinger

I have bought from them. Decent experience for the money but don't expect blinding fasting turn around.