The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 3, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1
algentry1

Looking for a 350 Rem Mag ammo solution

Hi,

Where can I get reliable information on "making" brass for a 350 Remington Magnum.
I have a "new to me" Remington 700 Classic in this caliber, and can't find anything to shoot in it. I have looked online for the last two hours.... Google, etc.
Can I make brass from from 375 H&H cases? I have an RCBS press, but have only reloaded for handguns, in the past. I know nothing about forming one caliber brass from another.
I'd rather buy the correct brass, but I can't find any...

Thanks for any information / help I get.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:54 AM   #2
Jim243

375 H&H Mag or a 416 Rem Mag is the closest I could come to for Brass, while longer you are starting with the correct head in a bellted mag.

Jim
Old April 4, 2011, 03:21 AM   #3
Scorch

Max case length is 2.170", you can make it out of virtually any belted magnum case (except Weatherby 378 and 460 cases), so see if you can find 264 Win Mag, 7mm Rem Mag, 375 H&H (one the most common around), 416 Rem Mag, 458 Win Mag. Max OAL is 2.400". It generally does best with intermediate burn rate powders, likes H380, IMR4320, or IMR4895. What data have you not found?
Old April 4, 2011, 06:47 AM   #4
oldscot3

Natchez lists it as "out" but they would probably back order it for you, in the meantime you maybe you could find a little bit of loaded ammo.
Old April 4, 2011, 08:34 AM   #5
wncchester

I've reformed 7 Rem mag into .350 mag for a friend. Not much to it, just ran it into the sizer, trimmed to length, turned the necks to the proper thickness and annealed the finished necks. Reforming a couple-three boxes is fairly easy and you aren't likely to need hundreds of cases for that rifle.
Old April 4, 2011, 12:09 PM   #6
algentry1

Good info, thanks..

Jim243,
Thanks, I know my dealer has some 375 brass, and I going over there today.

Scorch,
Wow, that's a windfall of info for me... Thanks! The real question mark in my head is resizing to a different caliber is just something I've never done. In fact, I think I've only ever reloaded straight wall cases, 38-55, 45-70, 45 Colt, etc.

oldscot3
Hi, I clicked notify me, on the Natchez site, so when/if they get any brass, they'll let me know. I haven't been able to find any loaded ammo either. If I could, I'd buy a couple or three boxes for sure.

wncchester, Good info, very easy, sounds like to me. So, there's no intermediate process, just get a 350 Rem Mag die set, and re-size. I'm on my way. I thank you folks Very much. Being ignorant isn't gonna be a problem around here, I can see that! This is great.... I can shoot my rifle after all.

Best regards, and big time thanks!