The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old May 3, 2007, 11:42 PM   #26
cosmolinelover

This same incident happened to a buddy a mine less than 2 months ago here in Albuquerque. If news reports are accurate, which they aren't in many cases, these types of home invasions are on the rise at least in Albuquerque.
Old May 4, 2007, 09:42 AM   #27
Groundhog

Anyone have an idea how often the real police bust into the wrong house? Seems like it's one of those things you hear about on the news like a plane crash but it doesn't seem to be very frequently reported. Just wondering.

"Remember, a valid point never overrules a family tradition." - Me
Old May 13, 2007, 08:01 PM   #28
CyberSEAL

Quote:
I just got out of fire school and they have some neat tools but the most common are the axe and halligan, using these two tools you could force someones front door in seconds.
Heres a Halligan.
Trust me...these tools will NOT open everything. Much of what has already been mentioned here will defeat a Halligan entirely.
Old May 14, 2007, 04:37 AM   #29
nbk2000

Just wait for this!

If the cops really want in, anything short of a bank vault isn't going to keep them out, what with things like the Gate Crasher, Breaching Frames, Water Impulse charges, and other explosive entry tools spreading through LE circles.

Of course, with all the war vets trained in such things coming back from the sandbox, such skills will invariably become known to criminals too, so there goes any need to worry about whether or not your deadbolts are bumpable.

There's an interesting (free) e-book called Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America that explains why such things as confusing home invaders with police is possible, and how police can stop being confused for criminal scum.

But, than again, the cops won't have to worry much longer about getting shot during a home-invasion warrant (the proper term for such things IMO), as guns will be illegal soon enough, once Clinton/O'bama become president.
Old June 2, 2007, 08:38 AM   #30
azsixshooter

I just heard about a new home invasion pretty close to me in North Central Phoenix last night. Two mexican guys (shocker!) entered an elderly man's home and robbed him. Then they stole his black Jaguar.

God, I hope that old man was an anti-gun lib rather than some nice old guy who spent his entire life saving for what they stole from him. Anti's deserve everything they get and more, IMO.

Couldn't find any links to the story, but I heard it on KFYI 550am tonight here in Phoenix.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that." --Saul Tigh
http://sargesrollcall.blogspot.com/2...s-no-more.html
Old June 3, 2007, 06:54 PM   #31
Bruxley

I found out that a few years ago a string of these fake cop home invasions happended here. Some BG on BG stuff. But the effort made to mitigate this was of the type I like the most, simple and effective.

The sale and screen printing of clothing bearing law enfocement identifiers was prohibitted for sale to other than credential bearing law enforcement customers. Same as were already business cards, vehicle decaling, etc.

Further, this was legislated that such identifiers were not permitted while carrying a firearm concealed or open by other than law enforcement.

The police supply shops in town are open to the public here but you can't buy 5 windbreakers w/ 'POLICE', 'SHERRIF', 'DEA', etc. on them anymore. And it was a big deal in the media at the time that ANYONE attemting to forceably enter a building WITHOUT these identifiers on all indiduals entering was to be reported to 911 immediatly as they were definatly NOT legit. LE.

I found it to be a very good aproach. Especially the public education on the 'color of authority' do's and BETTER NOT'S.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Last edited by Bruxley; June 3, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old June 3, 2007, 07:07 PM   #32
kcshooter

azsixshooter
Quote:
Two mexican guys (shocker!)
Well, another doofus who isn't afraid to let the whole world know he's a bigot. Keep the racist crap out of your posts.

Quote:
Anti's deserve everything they get and more, IMO.
So if that guy had a different opinion than you do, he deserves to be beaten up like this? I hate to resort to name calling, but you, sir, are an idiot.
Old June 3, 2007, 07:28 PM   #33
Mortech

No kidding Kcshooter , how about the old guy is an anti who sees the light and endows a trust fund in the name of the NRA ? Or like the one state legislature who saw the light after nearly getting robbed on the street ? Anyone who is against RKBA can change , so no need to wish them more harm .
S&W M&P40
Old June 3, 2007, 10:56 PM   #34
Bruxley

+1 Kc
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Old June 3, 2007, 11:47 PM   #35
Caustic

Quote:
And it was a big deal in the media at the time that ANYONE attemting to forceably enter a building WITHOUT these identifiers on all indiduals entering was to be reported to 911 immediatly as they were definatly NOT legit. LE.
Yeah. How hard would it be to have an actual squad car sitting out front and during the 'knock and announce' phase, light up the sirens and lightbars on the squadcar? That could possibly help with the 'shock and awe' portion of the warrant service...
My grin is wicked
Old June 3, 2007, 11:52 PM   #36
pax

Shutting this one down, because it's an older thread and has devolved to name calling.

pax
Closed Thread