The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 20, 2012, 12:19 AM   #1
Wallabing

Does Remington still do factory repairs?

I emailed and called Remington about factory repair, and each time they directed my to a authroized gun shops closest to my state.

How do I send in my firearm to the Remington Factory?
Old March 20, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2
olddrum1

I've had items that I had to take to an authorized dealer and then they sent it in. Not sure if Remington is like this but that may be the case. Have you spoken with one of the people that you were refered to to find out the process?
Old March 20, 2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Technosavant

They still do warranty repairs, but if your gun is out of warranty they might prefer to have you send it to an authorized service center.

Before you send it you're going to need an RMA#, and you'd get that from their customer service line. If they won't give you one, preferring to send you to a closer service center, well, that would seem to be that.
Old March 21, 2012, 07:37 PM   #4
joe45c

wallabing, just out of curriousity what type of repair do you need to have done, and what type of firearm is it for?maybe something someone could help you out with.