The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old December 24, 2012, 10:32 PM   #26
arsenalzastava

glocks suck in the long term

year after year the springfields will beat the glocks. Yes Glocks are reliable while they work. Go find a police department that does not get new issued glocks every two years , they dont exist. They are reliable for the short term. I know glocks have metal parts also, remember when glocks popped of the frame? That issue never occured with Springfields. Yes Glocks will shoot until the microwave gets to hot. Xds will shoot for much longer, remember I carry a zastava ez9. There you go sir glock platic tupperware.
Old December 24, 2012, 10:51 PM   #27
tahunua001

ok again, I have never heard of a police department that can afford to replace their duty pistols every 2 years and any PD that can needs to have it's funding cut. many police depts use the same guns until they change calibers or decide to go with someone else. many of these changes don't occur less than a decade apart, do you have documented proof that they replace them every two years? often times they even employ certified glock armorers to squeeze every last round out them before they have to replace them.

I am in no way a glock fan and I can't even believe that I am the one quoting this but glock does hold the world record for longest stress test at well over 100,000 rounds, more than some competition shooters put through their guns in a 5 year period, and those are the only people I can see having to replace a glock every 2 years.

again you have either been fed misinformation or you are once again making crap up as you go along, either way you are rapidly losing any credibility in this argument by making such wild accusations with nothing to back them up but your short, belligerent rants.

usually short, belligerent rants are my strong suit but I find myself taking the high road on this one, and I don't like it.

I'm pretty sure nobody here cares what you carry, it doesn't help you in an argument where you are plainly not interested in seeing facts laid out for you.

Last edited by tahunua001; December 24, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old December 24, 2012, 10:59 PM   #28
LockedBreech

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalzastava View Post
year after year the springfields will beat the glocks. Yes Glocks are reliable while they work. Go find a police department that does not get new issued glocks every two years , they dont exist. They are reliable for the short term. I know glocks have metal parts also, remember when glocks popped of the frame? That issue never occured with Springfields. Yes Glocks will shoot until the microwave gets to hot. Xds will shoot for much longer, remember I carry a zastava ez9. There you go sir glock platic tupperware.
This is seriously complete nonsense. Are you making this up? My brother was issued a 7-year-old Glock 22 when he joined his department. It's at 10 years now and is as good as new minus some finish wear.

What's YOUR source?
Old December 24, 2012, 11:33 PM   #29
Wishoot

I'm no huge fan of plastic pistols, but my old G22 saw a ton of service before I bought it and it worked like a champ. My CZ SP-01 Phantom has a whole bunch of plastic and its a fantastic gun.

I prefer metal, but to say that metal is better than plastic is just silly. It just a personal preference.
Old December 24, 2012, 11:40 PM   #30
Xfire68

Clueless! LOL

I own both a Glock and a XDM. I bought them both at the same time just a few weeks ago. The Glock is the Gen 3 G20 10mm and the XDM is a 5.25 Competition .45.

I prefer the looks of the XDM for obvious reasons! The Glock is UGLY! I like the XDM's trigger better and the grip fits my hand better but the Glock is a big framed gun.

I bought the Glock for it's unbelievable amount of options to customize it and that I can swap out barrels and shoot 3 other calibers (.357 Sig, .40 S&W and 9x25 Dillion).

The XDM cost $222 more then the Glock but, came with a real nice case, a holster, mag holster, cleaning kit and 3 13rd mags.

I like how the XDM shoots but, the "Plastic" fiber optic front sight suck in low light and after a few mags fired they get covered in powder residue.

The Glock shoots as well if not a little better and I changed the connector to a 3.5 Rocket along with a 6lb trigger spring and still need to test it at the range. Dry fires seem to be improved but, we will see.

If I could only keep one and that may be the case as a friend wants to buy the XDM it would be the glock for the reasons listed above.

I also own a CZ 75b, SR9, Walther ppk and have owned many others.
Old December 24, 2012, 11:55 PM   #31
PH/CIB

For folks who want a little extra margin of safety I recommend the XD.

Both are good guns, I prefer the Glock because I don't like grip safeties.
Life Member,,,Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Amvets, Disabled American Veterans, 173rd Airborne Skysoldier Association, National Rifle Association, Member,,,IDPA, USPSA, Iowa Sheriffs and Deputies Association,,Website http://www.handgunholsters.net
Old December 25, 2012, 12:11 AM   #32
Xfire68

Quote:
I prefer the Glock because I don't like grip safeties.
Having not spent all that much time with the XDM I can't say for sure I don't like the grip safety but, I am having to adjust to it when locking the slide and other functions. If my hand is not on the grip just the right way...........
Old December 25, 2012, 12:48 AM   #33
Hoggrydr11

Glock vs. XD

Well I just bought a brand new XD-S 5 round .45 and I love it,easy carry and easy shooting, puts a bullet where you point it and thats the key to a good gun to me. I don't know which is better,but I like this one,thank you.
Old December 25, 2012, 06:52 AM   #34
RT

Yeah well, what about the Glock 7?
You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
Porcelain dishes are better than plastic dishes
Old December 25, 2012, 09:01 AM   #35
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT View Post
Yeah well, what about the Glock 7?
You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
Porcelain dishes are better than plastic dishes
Are you kidding me?

I need to see this. That's insane.

Guys, I don't think the OP is "trolling". I believe he genuinely doesn't know where his head is at among the two. He'll draw his own conclusion soon enough.
Old December 25, 2012, 11:18 AM   #36
Double Impact

Funny thing I have glocks that are 20 yrs old and have thousands I mean thousands of rds thru them and still perform perfectly and accurate.
Old December 25, 2012, 11:54 AM   #37
Nanuk

I guess the 1st gen Glock 17 at FLETC must be an anomaly with millions of rounds fired through it. I know that XD's failed the Border Patrol test miserably and the Glock passed.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.
Old December 25, 2012, 12:23 PM   #38
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
Sorta like if we are arguing over whether rubber or wood grips are more comfortable and you said "Rubber is better than wood, that's why they make tires out of rubber not wood."
OMG: I am typing this through a keyboard and screen mired with half chewed Christmas Cake and tea!!! My tummy muscles hurt....

Thank you. No...really...thank you so much...

Quote:
Yes Glocks are reliable while they work.
Sorry.. what?
My Honda is reliable while it works, oh, but then so is my Ural....
Notice how that tells us nothing about their reliability?

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; December 25, 2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old December 25, 2012, 12:50 PM   #39
dgludwig

Welcome to The Firing Line, arsenalzastava.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
Old December 25, 2012, 02:13 PM   #40
TMD

Quote:
arsenalzastava

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the laughs, have a very Merry Christmas, and if Santa brought you more delusional stories to tell I can’t wait to hear them
Old December 25, 2012, 02:33 PM   #41
MB21

1911 trumps all
Old December 25, 2012, 02:46 PM   #42
BGutzman

There is no doubt Glocks work and work reliably... There is also almost universal agreement you'd be hard pressed to own something uglier...
Old December 25, 2012, 02:50 PM   #43
jlove1974

S&W M&P over them both, then the SR9
Old December 25, 2012, 03:08 PM   #44
arsenalzastava

Merry Chistmas To All!

Love the thread , sure we have our differences but that is what it is about.

"If you allow a foreign central bank to issue the currency, you and your grandchildren will wake up poor on the the land your forefathers conquered!"
Thomas Jefferson
Old December 26, 2012, 07:47 AM   #45
tristar viper

I find this thread to be juvenile and a complete waste of space on here.
Thank God there is an "unsubscribe" option.
Old December 26, 2012, 08:34 AM   #46
TennJed

Quote:
all is fair i guess except
metal is better than plastic, that is why buildings are made of metal not plastic.
Metal will rust. A glock will outlast a zastava ez9
Old December 26, 2012, 08:56 AM   #47
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
Metal will rust. A glock will outlast a zastava ez9

Not going to lie, I don't even know what a "zastava" even is. I'll google it later.

I have never had a SIG rust on me either. Nor Glock of course. Just a 1911 or two. A little on the safety after much time carrying them.
Old December 26, 2012, 09:13 AM   #48
outlawzrider83

honestly, ive had more stove pipes with a glock 36 than a 1911..i own alot of pistols.3 1911s,g36 g19,3 357s,xdm4.5 45,raging bull 8.375 44mag,couple 22s,xdsc.40, sigp226 40, beretta 92 9mm,and a sw m26 6inch 44m...that said theres 2 autos id take to a combat situation...my custom pt1911ar built with tons of wilson combat parts,and the xdm 45...for my carry gun i roll with my sp101 357 mag. why. because im not going to a battle, 6 accurate shots is better than 100 misses, i squeeze the trigger it goes boom if not i squeeze again, theres no failure to feed, eject or stove pipes magaine failures..and the chances of malfunction with a ruger revolver is almost impossible , and if it does then i guess im meant to fight stab or die
Old December 26, 2012, 09:34 AM   #49
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalzastava
metal is better than plastic, that is why buildings are made of metal not plastic.
This is why all my guns are made of brick.
Old December 26, 2012, 11:49 AM   #50
barefoot

Clearly the OP is a troll. Stop feeding it.

Closed Thread