The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old March 11, 2013, 04:54 PM   #26
Gaerek

To play Devils Advocate, you can't really use NICS as a gauge for how many households have a gun. If one person went to 5 different stores in a day, or say, the same store, 5 days in a row, that would be 5 separate NICS checks.

At least, that's what the Anti's would say. I do know better. More guns are being bought, and at a higher rate than ever before. NRA memberships are increasing at a, from what I understand, an unprecedented rate. Consider that, with the fact that most gun owners would deny having guns if a pollster called them...and we have a pretty good idea that the MSM spin machine is in full effect.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:20 PM   #27
Come and take it.

I would be willing to gamble my bottom back left molar (probably going to lose it anyway) that more than 80 percent of households have at least one gun.
Old March 12, 2013, 12:01 AM   #28
Buzzcook

Fewer people buying more guns. That fits with the hoarding scenarios from 2008 and now.
Old March 12, 2013, 02:20 AM   #29
warningshot

BuzzCook

You may have been correct for Dec. '12 and Jan.'13. But right now there are plenty of legitmate guns sales at gunshows to 1st time buyers, and a lot of 1st time buyers are waltzing into LGSs wanting to buy, 'Any Pistol'.

Until the facts come out in a few months...who knows. The more Citizens on our side the better.
Old March 12, 2013, 06:36 AM   #30
Punisher_1

If it's in the news it was made up or manipulated.