The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 6, 2009, 08:41 PM   #1
PartidaJ68

Remington 870 Express TURNED Tactical

I bought a Remmy 870 Express, great as is, but the same day I purchased a 18.5 mossy replacement barrel for the 870. Few days later I bought a knoxx COPstock recoil reducing folder...awesome pistol grip folder. Then a few days later in comes my knoxx(hogue) forend..all the factory stuff went on Ebay the day after. Then finally my choate mag tube extension came. Well, the more research I do the harder it seems to drill, tap or grind out the dimples..well I chose to tap it out w/ a 17mm Husky Socket great idea, but only lead to more problems. So after smashing the crap outta my thumb, I said "great there kinda pushed out" little did I know. After trying to slide my forend tube assembly on did I realize that I flared out the dimples..I didn't remove them. So I slept on it, no pun intended, and said i'll try something else tomorrow. Out came the dremel the an hour later everything fits...now to seat the barrel...no its still flared more grinding, eventually its going to rust i thought. Doing what anyone does I started looking for an inhibitor..yes I went to academy..I bought the Presto Gun Blue touch up pen...inferior I dont know...slows down rusting maybe..better than raw steel...damn right.

So I did take pictures documenting the carnage..you'll see...
:barf:
Old May 10, 2009, 10:58 PM   #2
MagnumWill

Can't wait to see the pics. I feel that a lot of people bad-mouth the COP stocks over the SpecOps stocks, and I think the COPstock is just too cool, and might put one on my 590 (the "Specops folder", as they call it now)