The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 2, 2008, 08:43 PM   #1
Cerick

CT Lasergrips, Front activation or Dual activation (1911)

I'm about to purchase a set of crimson trace lasergrips for a 1911. I don't know which way to get the activation, front, or dual side. I've held the front activation grips and I like the feel but I dont know if I would like the side activation ones better.

For people that have tried both, how do you like them and are there any advantages to either one?
Old June 2, 2008, 08:52 PM   #2
doubleaes2

Go with the front activation. It is more instinctual to me. On my side activation grips, I fell like I'm searching or reaching for the button.
Old June 2, 2008, 08:57 PM   #3
hoytinak

My father has the side activation on is Colt commander and I have the front activation on my S&W commander. We both prefer the front, it just seems more natural and comfortable (like doubleaes2 said, with the side it feels like we're haveing to search for the botton). Plus with the front you can keep the on/off switch on and not have to worry about pushing the botton while your carrying and draining the batteries.
Old June 2, 2008, 10:04 PM   #4
sholling

I bought and returned a side activated set. I just couldn't make it work. I've since put front activated on two of my 1911s and love them.
Old June 3, 2008, 12:14 AM   #5
Cerick

Well thats good enough for me. I'll be putting my order in tomorrow for the front activation grips. Thanks guys.
Old June 3, 2008, 04:46 AM   #6
3 gun

I had side then went to front. The side pads would turn on the laser when I put the pistol on the nightstand loaded. That's not an issue with the front pad. I didn't really find a difference when gripped normally.
Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.