The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 30, 2008, 02:33 PM   #1
ccw08

Spiderfire V4 Tac-Light

Ok so I told you guys I purchased a cheap weapon light for my shotgun project off ebay until I build my funds back up to buy a better one.

What I purchased was a Spiderfire V4 tactical rail mount with the mounting hardware to attach it to the rail

Price was 37.00 shipped to my po box

it is supposed to be a 120 lumen bulb but I have no way of checking that. IT IS BRIGHT
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MY REVIEW OF THE LIGHT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OK I start the review off by saying, Probably the best 40 bucks I have spent in a very long time.

The light

It is an aluminum frame light that is substantially smaller than the surefire that I have borrowed from a friend ( surefire 6p )

It is run by 1 CR123A battery and it was included in the package as well as the rail mount.

The light is supposed to be 120 lumens and is an LED bulb ( no break from shotgun shooting which I tested 30 rounds this morning. )

It is a neat little light with my only complaint being the pressure switch for the light is not a bungee type cord it is just a straight cord and is not long enough for me to put on the slide so I will have to be creative about how to mount it. I did send the company an email to see if they have an end cap switch for it which would also enable me to use it off of the gun.

LIGHT OUTPUT

Like I said before this little sucker is BRIGHT, I am surprised at the quality of this little light and the brightness is great. I have had a little cheapo 9 led light in my shotgun till this came in so that is what I have to compare it to right now.

I did compare it to a D-cell maglight also but the batteries in the maglight were not the best so it is not a fair comparison for maglight.

THE MOUNT

It is included with the light and is actually pretty nice however since I recently put a 3 way rail mount on my shotgun I will just mount the light in there as it will be a little more compact that way.

Ok guys, I would recommend this as it is less than 40 bucks shipped and it is a good quality little light, if it had an end cap switch or a curly cord it would be the perfect light for my use on my shotty but I will get by with it.

I am going to put fresh batteries in the surefire later to get some good comparison pictures but as of right now im comparing it to a 9 led compact flashlight.

well hope this helps and let me know if you have questions

Here is a comparison of the 9 led flashlight against the Spiderfire V4

here is the 9 LED

Here is the Spiderfire V4 120 Lumer