The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 6, 2013, 02:58 PM   #1
chrisp51

CZ P0-7 Duty

Any CZ-P-07 owners out there? Just got one of these a while ago and am more impressed with it the more I shoot it. I like the old hammer fired guns but the P-07 is a new twist. The CZ Omega trigger is just plain outstanding. The double action is very smooth and the single action is light. The pistol is very accurate and recoil is very manageable. It is about the same size and weight as the Glock 19 but, to me, the ergonomics are much better. It can also be had for less than a G19. I wonder why they are not getting much press time?
Old March 6, 2013, 03:01 PM   #2
TunnelRat

There are a few reviews on here.

I think it's a decent gun, though there were some teething issues at first. My major gripe is that it is covered in points that would do an awesome sob jabbing me when carrying concealed.
Maintain situational awareness
Old March 6, 2013, 05:15 PM   #3
armoredman

The aggressive checkering takes some serious getting used to, but it is meant to never ever leave your hand in snow, ice, rain, etc. I would recommend an undershirt if carrying concealed.
It IS an excellent pistol and all the bugs are gone. Can't wait to get a good long look at the newest one, the P-09 Duty!
If you get a P-07, let me recommend High Noon for your holster!

Old March 6, 2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Foofer

Ordered Mine Today

I've had the urge to splurge and decided on a CZ 75 P-07. My name is on the short list at the local gun store. I have handled one and love it. It's a very brilliant design able to switch out from safety to decocker mode and vice versa. It also has a threaded barrel making it suppressor friendly. The picatinny rail allows for a tactical light to be attached to it with ease. Not a heavy gun at all and is very well balanced. The Omega Trigger System is super smooth. The gun is incredibly accurate. All of that for under $500.00. Yeah, I want one!

I believe the burrs have been worked out of it with mag drop issues and barrel bulging problems.

Can't wait to get it. Hope you continue to enjoy yours chrisp51.
Old March 7, 2013, 07:37 AM   #5
loose_holster_dan

Quote:
I think it's a decent gun, though there were some teething issues at first. My major gripe is that it is covered in points that would do an awesome sob jabbing me when carrying concealed.
exactly. i owned one for a couple of weeks. very uncomfortable to carry. too many sharp edges and overly-aggressive checkering.

you're right about the omega trigger, tho. it's awesome. i have 3 other cz's, and all the triggers are awesome. the pcr is a little more comfortable to carry than the p-07, but the mag base plate has a weird contour to it that makes it stick out and jab me in the love handles.
"A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
Old March 7, 2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Pilot

Quote:
but the mag base plate has a weird contour to it that makes it stick out and jab me in the love handles.
Don't blame the gun for your love handles.

I carry a PCR almost daily (no love handles) and the mag baseplate does not bother me. However, they are easily swapped out with the mag plates form a 75B, which don't have the lip, or other CZ compact mags without the lip.

I would like to try a P-07 as I do like the Omega trigger, and for around $400 these guns are a steal.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Foofer

Duty Gun

Let's keep in mind that it is a "duty" gun. I don't believe CZ promotes it as a deep conceal and carry firearm, even though it can be done. My intent is to plink, play, and protect the home with it.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:46 AM   #8
Pistola Pedro

I looked into one myself. I think the teething problems and the "unknowns" of the Omega trigger held it down for a while. I think it's a fine pistol and almost bought one, but the trigger reset being kind of vague and long and the fact that the slide is just so FAT made it a no go for me. That said, I still would feel pretty confident having one on my hip.
Old March 7, 2013, 09:55 AM   #9
BRE346

Best range gun ever

I had an earlier one and fussed about the bulges - which were visible only with the slide removed. But by golly it felt good in the hand and handled very well, had a fine trigger, great sights and deadly accurate. If I weren't committed to another brand I'd have it yet.
Old March 7, 2013, 02:30 PM   #10
chrisp51

I had a chance to compare mine to one of the early A model's and there is a big difference in finish and trigger pull. The early trigger is nice but it had some sticky creep to it. The newer B model has no creep in single action mode and double action is very smooth. The finish on the A model appeared to be parkerizing. I am not sure what the finish is on the B model but it looks a lot better. As far as accuracy goes I could not tell any difference.