The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 8, 2012, 05:02 PM   #1
bspillman

A safty Question

Hey folks i just noticed a crack in the grip of my kel tec p11. the crack is right in front of the trigger and protrudes away from the trigger guard. There is nothing housed above it. there is a space between there and the recoil assembly. I tried to load pics but was unable to get them to load. My question is can i still shoot this gun as this area seems to be just for cosmetics.

The crack is there because the guy i got it from tried to rig a laser light on it. he drilled a hole through it. he then patched it with what looks like epoxy the crack is around this area. thanks in advance
Old July 8, 2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Oysterboy

If the crack is in the plastic and not around the pins I'd think you're ok.
Old July 8, 2012, 05:12 PM   #3
cuba

Hope you didn't invest too much in it, and I wouldn't trust my life with it ether.

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun.
Old July 8, 2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Walt Sherrill

The FRAME of your PF-11 is aluminum. The crack you see is in the plastic covering, which is easily replaced. Contact Kel-Tec and they'll probably send you a new one. (If they're unwilling to do it free, you can buy one for a relatively low price.)

There should be NO safety issues associated with that crack -- unless your friend drilled into something he should not have drilled. (Look at the parts diagram that came with the gun, or download a new one from the Kel-Tec website. You can see what parts might be affected.) Talk to Kel-Tec about it. Chances are, the crack is cosmetic.