The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old November 17, 2006, 09:48 PM   #26
Harris304

Pccpilot - Please post an article about using a 32 acp on a SW Long. I would like to know the number of misfires in the numbers shot. I think that if you use a solid contruction steel revolver, like the 733, you would probably be all right.

Take that with a grain of salt as I am hardly an expert. You might be able to put the question to rest as I lack the nerve to try.
Old November 17, 2006, 10:19 PM   #27
Erich

ppcpilot, please read my post again: I do not recommend firing .32 acp in a gun not specifically chambered for it. I've seen a case where it worked, but that doesn't mean that it's safe to do or that it would always work. Personally, as I said, I would never do it.
Old November 19, 2006, 07:20 AM   #28
Carlo

I do not see the urgency of stuffing 7,65 browning ammo in a 32 S&W long, for one thing, the latter caliber is slightly larger, so the 7,65 would hardly print top clusters. If you really want exotic ammo for a .32, you can try handloads. On the other hand, 7,65 guns can be found at low prices, at least in Europe. I had two:

One like this

This one was as sturdy as a safe and as reliable as a club, the trigger left much to be desired, though

And an ex West Germany police gun, quite worn out. It shot like a big gun, but after some 1-2 thousands rounds it broke. If you want a Walther, buy it in better conditions.

Today, I'd like one of these

If you want something more modern, but don't want to pay for a walther or sig, you can try the cz 50 and 70

Fegs

or the Beretta 81
Closed Thread