The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 21, 2002, 02:52 AM   #26
M4A3

Personaly I keep my gun ownership low profile. To many anti-gun @%&*#!'S out there.

Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Barrel length: 370 mm
Rate of fire: 700 - 950 rounds per minute
Maximum effective range: 360 m
Old September 21, 2002, 08:53 AM   #27
Drizzt

The Texas State Rifle Association is trying to get their own license plates, with the TSRA logo on them. I thinkthey're only short by about 100 people, or so. It sounds to me like that would be a 'subtle' way of showing your views.
"That a free citizen should have to go before a committee, hat in hand, and pray for permission to bear arms - fantastic! Arm your daughter, sir, and pay no attention to petty bureaucrats." Robert Heinlein - Red Planet
Old September 21, 2002, 09:18 AM   #28
Wingshooter

Quote:
The Texas State Rifle Association is trying to get their own license plates, with the TSRA logo on them. I thinkthey're only short by about 100 people, or so. It sounds to me like that would be a 'subtle' way of showing your views.
They only have 70 more to go. I want one in a bad way, but I'm torn between that one and the CCA (Coastal Conservation Assoc) plate. So one of those 70 will probably belong to me. Personally I think they're nicely done.

http://www.tsra.com/images/tagtsra.jpg

Here's what the plate will look like:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tsra plate.jpg (21.4 KB, 49 views)
Old September 21, 2002, 10:35 AM   #29
Futo Inu

My personalized tag is "BILORTS", which is supposed to be "Bill of Rights" - only one person has ever "gotten" it, though. Front vanity plate says NRA Life Member (my state requires back only). Never had a problem with break-ins. I like the "RKBA" one. Still want that bumper sticker of "WWJMBD?"
Old September 21, 2002, 10:41 AM   #30
bad_dad_brad

Stealth is the only way to go. My plate is as generic as it gets. Just a number. I do have a friend with the plate BELTFED. He is an avid shooter and especially likes to go at it with machine guns. To each his own, but I would rather remain anonymous. I have an old saying I like to say to myself when vanity comes to front: "Be the wall." It means blend in so that nobody sees you and you become just part of the background. Don't give the MAN reason to pull you over.
Old September 21, 2002, 10:44 AM   #31
GnL

I used to have this one on my car.
JPFO
SAS

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong." -- H.L. Mencken
Old September 21, 2002, 10:46 AM   #32
GnL

Oops! Forgot the image. Here it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rkbaplate.jpg (15.8 KB, 91 views)
JPFO
SAS

"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong." -- H.L. Mencken
Old September 21, 2002, 11:15 AM   #33
moredes

I'm sure the neighborhood burglar would appreciate some kind of street marker in front of your house, so he knows where to come back to. Or maybe he'd just chance it on your trunk.

And don't ever pull your CCW near your car- it'd be like trying to talk your way out of a speeding ticket with one of those "....I just fly low" license plate frames.

I don't give a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] about the 'anti-gunners'.