The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 9, 2001, 10:00 PM   #1
3 gun

Tusco Rifle Club in Midvale Ohio is having a steel plate shoot Sunday April 22 from 10am till 4pm. Search "Tusco" in Lock and Load for more details. Any guestions email me, I'll do my best to get you the answer.
Old April 9, 2001, 10:13 PM   #2
hksigwalther

Medina weekend and I' itching to buy something. Hopefully, my membership will be activated by then.
Old April 10, 2001, 05:30 PM   #3
LilJoe

I know where we'll be the 22nd!

Joe and Marci
Old April 10, 2001, 06:24 PM   #4
hksigwalther

Just remembered. I've got an 'Appreciation Day' picnic/shoot on the 21st near Whipple. The guy I purchased my Enfield from invites customers who spend over $200 to a picnic/shoot (for prizes) on his property every year and this'll be my first. 300yd shoot, slug shoot, turkey load shoot, pistol shoot.

Dang, I'll have to pass on Medina this time around and go shoot at both. As a results, I'll be driving from Marietta instead of from Cleveland on Sunday. I'll see you guys at Tusco.
Old April 10, 2001, 06:28 PM   #5
falconer

Count me in! I managed to have my mother arrange my sister's birthday party so that it doesn't interfere with the shoot
Old April 15, 2001, 08:12 PM   #6
LilJoe

Ohh no!

Put us on the maybe show list. Marci has blown her back out and now don't know if we will be able to make the plateshoot! I hope that she will be up and around.. She's been down since Thursday. Maybe we'll make it but she may not be able to shoot.. That will be a tease for her.

Joe and Marci
Old April 18, 2001, 04:54 PM   #7
falconer

I heard today that there was some sort of fire at Tusco last week. Has anyone heard anything about this?

As it looks, I might have to change my plans this weekend due to a job interview so I probably won't make the shoot.
Old April 18, 2001, 07:14 PM   #8
Nukem

I was there shooting on the practice range saturday am, everything looked OK as far as I could tell.

FWIW
Old April 18, 2001, 07:21 PM   #9
falconer

hmm, must have been a miscommunication.
Old April 18, 2001, 09:07 PM   #10
rvb

LilJoe,
Give Marci our best wishes. Sorry to hear that!

rvb
Old April 18, 2001, 09:22 PM   #11
LilJoe

UPDATE

Update on Marci! It looks like she may be going.. She has been up and around today.. She actually made dinner too! Almost a week with no food! But plenty of reloading! If she keeps the improvement going it looks like she'll be there! So I guess I'll have to behave! LOL

Joe and Marci
Old April 20, 2001, 06:56 PM   #12
LilJoe

From Cleveland or Y-town

Anyone going from the Cleveland, Akron or Y-town atea? If so do you want to meet for Breakfast at Gullivers again??? Marci may not be coming it depends on her back.. I need her well enough so I can go back to work.. Been off for over a week so I'm starting to enjoy not working!!! So I better get back. I will be bringing a friend with me that wants to come. Mark I know if wating to get down there early to sight in a rifle so don't think he wants too. Think he's affraid he'll miss a couple of plates!

Joe and Marci
Old April 22, 2001, 08:06 AM   #13
hksigwalther

Well, looks like I won't be at Tusco today. Had to park in a muddy field with a relatively steep grade. I had done some off-road rally racing-type driving after yesterday's shoot at a local dealer's get together which included shooting. Not a really good idea for a two wheel front drive Honda Civic. I knew I was going to be in trouble when I watched full sized four wheel drive Fords, Chevys, and Dodges have trouble and some getting pulling out by a tractor! Needless to say, I had to get dragged out by tractor also.

Now today, I will spend cleaning my car and going over it for any underside damage done while mud bogging. Felt a little rough this morning on my way out to Tusco and decided to cancel and head back to make sure everything is okay.

Did win two shoots though. .22lr rifle and handgun, used a modded 10/22 and a Mark II, respectively. Won two bricks of Winchester SuperX.
Old April 22, 2001, 10:35 AM   #14
rvb

hksigwalther

Clean those wheels out good.
I once had to get pulled from a construction sight because their "road" markers were way off (the markers turned where there was no turn), and I couldn't tell through the night and the rain that I was turning off the drive and into a muddy area. The car would have sunk deeper, but once the entire under-carriage was resting on the mud, it stopped sinking.

I had an hour drive home, which took well over 2.5 hours because all the mud in the rims made the tires WAY off balance. I couldn't get over 30 mph w/o the vibs getting out of what I considered "safe."

Other than that, you shouldn't have any damage as long as you weren't flying when you entered the mud, just get out the hose and spend sometime washing out the underside...

rvb

ps, I bet your civic stood a better chance getting out of the mud than my 2-ton rear-wheel drive Cougar did.
Old April 22, 2001, 04:57 PM   #15
LilJoe

Not too Rub it in!

Don't mean to rub it in but what a blast! Wasn't too much rifle this time it was more handgun side! I think we've all seen Marci shoot... Believe it or not see couldn't hit the pins nor the plates.. They weren't paper she says! LOL But she did shoot the tactical side and liked it! It made up for her getting so mad at the plate side! LOL Think we will be members for the next one!! Hope we can get it in soon enough!

Joe and Marci!
Old April 23, 2001, 10:05 AM   #16
Nukem

falconer

Guess you heard right afterall. Tommy told me there was a fire *behind* the range somewhere in the woods. 30 acres!

None of it visable from the ranges.
Old April 23, 2001, 11:25 AM   #17
falconer

Is this when I get to say I told you so ? BTW, I'm still not sure who you are Nukem.
Old April 23, 2001, 08:02 PM   #18
hksigwalther

Well, it was just dried up crud between my brake pads and discs. Some got embedded in the pad and and caused the rough sound. Will have to get to Tusco in May.