The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old March 5, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1
Hound01dog

H&R 922

Long story short, my mom was redoing the interior in her 1987 RX7, pulled up the carpet and found this H&R 922. She has owned the car about 15 or so years and never knew it was in there. The grips are missing and it had some rust on it. I figured as a project i could reblue, make some grips out of wood and just go with it. It has the "bird head" or whatever its called frame on the grip and has the flat mainsprings. My brother tore it down and now wants me to put it back together. I have never worked on an H&R before and The only schematic I can find seems to be a later model with a coil spring not a flat screen. The serial number is F59** and Im not sure what year this was made. Any info or help would be awesome!
Old March 5, 2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

If the serial number starts out AF**** then it was made in 1969. Try Numrich for schematics and parts for your gun. This link should get you in the ball park.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact.../922-38106.htm

I know that schematic is for a different model but if you sign in you can get exact information for your model gun.

Welcome to the site.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--
Old March 5, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3
Hound01dog

Thanks! I will check out that site. I dont see any A but the F might be a P its kinda hard to read. I will keep everyone informed to see how this goes back together.