The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 10, 2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Furtekjr

Mossberg 500 Deer / Field Combo Question

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago, I decided to learn how to shoot and got bitten by the shooting bug pretty badly. I have been learning to shoot on a Savage Mark II GL .22 and absolutely love it. A .22 is fun for target shooting, but I am fairly limited in the type of shooting I can do. I think it is about time for me to get a shotgun and have been looking at the Mossberg 500. It didn't take me long to discover that Dick's Sporting Goods sells a Mossberg 500 Deer / Field Combo, which seems perfect for the type of shooting that I would like to do. The current price is $349. Looking online, it seems like this shotgun periodically goes on sale. My question is - how frequently does it go on sale and what is the sale price? I have heard a few different things online, the most common being $249. I talked to the guy in the store and he said they go on sale, but he thinks they are only $30 off. What I am trying to determine is if I should by the gun now, or wait for it to go on sale.

Thanks.

Joe
Old October 10, 2010, 04:01 PM   #2
rugerfreak

Go check your local Walmart first---they have them in the store and in their catalog---assuming your Walmart sells guns.

They sell the basic Mossberg 500 for $217(single barrel)--which is like $60 less than anybody else around here-----not sure what the combo price is--they can order in what you want if its not in the store---never hurts to go check.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/...GunCatalog.pdf

Dick's is populated with... well...............its all in the name.

Last edited by rugerfreak; October 10, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old October 10, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3
jokester_143

I got mine for $325 NIB from a gun show.