The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 25, 2007, 11:13 AM   #26
chris in va

Quote:
That clerk shouldn’t have started shooting until the bad guy clearly revealed an open hostile intent
You're kidding me, right?

Soon as the guy presented a gun and demanded money, that tells me he 'clearly revealed open hostile intent'.

Not too long ago a bank robber went in and simply shot two tellers, THEN demanded money. Now I don't know if they did things different back in the 'old days', but I've been hearing more reports of BG's actually USING these things, before and after the holdup.

Like I said, I think the only issue here was being so close to the little kid. But he had pretty damn good control if you ask me.
Old September 25, 2007, 11:38 AM   #27
newerguy

Quote:
half the time, a robber will shoot a witness to prevent them from being able to ID them.
Boy, there must be a lot of dead robbery witnesses somewhere to make up for all of the living one's in my neck of the woods. It is very rare for robberies in end with witnesses being shot. There was one in NYC a few years ago at a Wendy's (it was long enough ago that the guy just got the appeal of his death sentence heard), and that's the last one I remember hearing about in this state.
Old September 25, 2007, 12:53 PM   #28
MyXD40

camden, NJ
Old September 25, 2007, 12:55 PM   #29
MyXD40

oh and newrguy, I said they shoot to prevent ID, never said killed. Altho theres the times where sad enough, the person does die from a stabbing or gun shot