The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old February 16, 2009, 07:34 PM   #1
bill1093

charles daley muzzle loader

a friend of mine at has one an wants to sell it but does know how much it worth niethier do i. all i know its 50 cal an has the brass goodies on it .can someone help me out. whats it worth never been fired ....percussion cap
Old February 16, 2009, 11:44 PM   #2
kirpi97

Quote:
What's it worth?
You can get a used one on cheaperthandirt.com for $145 whereas on GunsAmerica.com there is a seller asking $295 for a 45 cal. This gives you a ballpark. Take a look at them and base your price on what you see. And then you have to find an interested buyer.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/FreeA...6&Lang=English

http://www.gunsamerica.com/977002495...ZLE_LOADER.htm

Both arcticap and mykeal have discussed this make on thehighroad forum. They would be good individuals to seek advise from.

Hope this helps.
Old February 17, 2009, 02:59 AM   #3
arcticap

The wood of the one on the GunsAmerica site is beautiful!

If it looks like the used model on Cheaper Than Dirt without any dings or dents and it's really minty and unfired, then it could be worth between $225 - $275.
But the price is always dependent on how much someone really wants it, how much shipping will cost them and knowing the exact condition and features of the rifle.
But if it's a Spanish model then it would probably be worth at least $50 less.

More details or a picture would also help.
Old February 17, 2009, 07:51 AM   #4
mykeal

Charles Daly sold Investarms (Italy) plains style rifles imported by Kassnar Imports until 1996; they also sold guns from Ardesa in Spain (imported by CVA) around that time. They are essentially the same rifle that Dixie Gun Works sells as a 'Hawken'. Dixie's new price is $495; the Blue Book ofModern Black Powder Arms Fifth Edition (2007) says $350 in 100% condition for Dixie's gun.

A mint condition Daly could bring as much as $350, absolute tops. As is always the case, condition is the real discriminant. I'd put $250 as the low end of the 'unfired' condition range.

Last edited by mykeal; February 17, 2009 at 07:58 AM.