The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 12, 2010, 02:26 PM   #26
Firepower!

PTK
I have a picture on one floating around in my computer somehwere. If I can find it I will post it here.
Old May 12, 2010, 02:43 PM   #27
PTK

Excellent, thank you!

Out of curiosity, as a sidenote, how common are Martini-Henry "pistols" over there, of safe construction? Cost?
Old May 12, 2010, 03:28 PM   #28
cpermd

I have 2 full size and a mini that are select fire
I sold my micro.
Too hard to control.
Get the Mini.

Edit
I will bet a closed bolt micro would run 1500 RPM.

CP
Old May 12, 2010, 03:30 PM   #29
Firepower!

I am sure cheap and available since they dont carry value here. I have heard that a few years back US guys came here and picked up lots of martini henry rifles from the market for dirt cheap. If you ever make is out here do let me know and I can show you some stuff that is dirt cheap here but expensive in the US. I know there is a way to take such things back to the US but not sure about how the procedure works. For example. Broomhandles, and Lugers to begin with.
Old May 12, 2010, 03:31 PM   #30
Firepower!

Cpermd, MINI is very rare here. Almost non existent. I have never even heard of one being sold around here.
Old May 12, 2010, 04:58 PM   #31
Willie Lowman

PTK, Just about all that would be needed for a closed bolt FA Micro is the FA bolt itself and the saftey/selector being modified to have full, semi, and safe position.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:12 AM   #32
cpermd

So can I bring some minis over for deer hunting?
And bring some handguns back to the US as birthday or Christmas presents?

CP

Edit again
Willie
A closed bolt full auto Uzi mini or micro is not easy to make and time.
The floating firing pin, collar, lock and springs along with sear and disconnector require some work and time, Since the bitches run almost twice the RPM of the open bolt guns.

CP

Last edited by cpermd; May 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:31 AM   #33
cpermd

Firepower
I have some acquantances on the US side who are always looking for interesting protection items.
Most are in the NW and W.

CP
Old May 13, 2010, 12:38 AM   #34
cpermd

Firepower
I have some acquantances on the US side who are always looking for interesting protection items over there.
Most are in the NW and W Paki- imagine that

CP
Old May 13, 2010, 02:10 AM   #35
adn258

While I am a total gun advocate, and I think full auto guns should be legal without the process you have to go through now, all I can think is...JESUS DUDE! AN UZI?? I mean I know you are in Pakistan so maybe that's necessary there, but seriously part of protecting yourself is protecting others.

A Full Auto Uzi and really any uzi isn't your best gun of choice to purchase for many economic, and safety reasons.

As others have pointed out it spits out ammo ridiculously fast, to the point of LOSING accuracy, and also making it unsafe. If someone is attacking you and you fire the 6 other unneeded shots that just came out of the end in some random direction,

you have a much higher potential of hitting an innocent bystander or god knows what else. Are such things SOP in Pakistan? I really don't know!.

You have to think logically here friend. In my car I have carried a cheap freaking 9mm high point brand firearm gun before.

It's enough to protect myself, and was bought simply for economic reasons, and the good trigger lock it had. Leaving your gun in the car leaves the problem of wear and tear from the extreme weather here in MONTANA where I live.

If the whole gun is worth 120 bucks and it's getting screwed over by the weather in your car for the next 5 years who cares?

This is enough to protect myself whilst being economical and logical about how much firepower I need to protect my person in 99.9 percent of situation that may arise.

If you wanted more protection then that though, a Beretta M9/AKA 92fs, H&K USP, or a GLOCK 19 are ALL good and reliable options for a vehicle.

if you wanted some extreme firepower will less ammo but more reliability, a S&W 500 Revolver but good god, with something like that you need to take in mind it might go through things and again poses a huge threat.

This is why I would stick to nothing higher than a 9mm ie not full auto, which admittedly most Uzis are, unless you get a 45 uzi which are also out there.

The problem with anything much over a 9mm is the worry of penetration through doors, walls etc. in the process of protecting yourself.

Another good choice you could try without being profusely expensive, would be believe it or not, be any EAA WITNESS pistol(s) which are in many calibers and seem to be reliable. I really don't know your situation though. IF you wanted even more firepower you could go with a smaller pump action 12 guage with some 00 or 000 buck?

Peace

Last edited by adn258; May 13, 2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:34 AM   #36
PTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lowman
PTK, Just about all that would be needed for a closed bolt FA Micro is the FA bolt itself and the saftey/selector being modified to have full, semi, and safe position.
Have you ever handled a micro Uzi? A real one?

Closed bolt =/= open bolt. Conversion entails quite a bit more than simply swapping a bolt and selector.

adn258,

Hi-Points and similar aren't readily available overseas. If a carjacker attacked you with an AK47/74, would you rather have a Hi-Point handgun, or would you rather have an Uzi? The attacker is at fault for endangering others, not the defender.

Firepower!,

If I ever make it out to Pakistan again, if things calm down, I will contact you first.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:55 AM   #37
Firepower!

PTK
Sounds good to me...anytime.

Adb258
I understand and appreciate your concern. However, like PTK said, I need equal or more firepower to reple an attack. In Pakistan car jacking and thefts and other petty crimes are very low, especially where I live. The problem is when someone plans a hit on you. Trust me thats not hollywood, and you would want the best option to protect yourself. 500SW is a great gun, but for me its quite unappropriate since before I could even get ready to take a 'one handed' follow up shot, the attacker will be have everyone in my vehicle killed with something that 'spits' out lead much faster.

Cpermd
I bet. Such folks are quite a few.
Old May 13, 2010, 04:11 AM   #38
gyvel

Quote:
While I am a total gun advocate, and I think full auto guns should be legal without the process you have to go through now, all I can think is...JESUS DUDE! AN UZI?? I mean I know you are in Pakistan so maybe that's necessary there, but seriously part of protecting yourself is protecting others.
ADN258, If you read some of Firepower's previous posts, I believe he has already been accosted in traffic at least once.
Old May 14, 2010, 05:55 PM   #39
Willie Lowman

...perhaps someone else can answer me.

I have seen a registered closed bolt in a full size. The work that was explained to me was little more than a SA bolt with a lip welded on the bolt face and a FA lower. As I recall, it would supposedly fire the first round then the firing pin would remain forward in the bolt making it slam fire as a normal open bolt Uzi would. It ran much faster than I like in a sub gun. I have seen a dealer sample closed bolt Mini for sale at the KCR machinegun shoot. I did not ask to examine it's internals as I expected them to be like the closed bolt conversion I had seen before.

So, what pray tell is so different between the inner workings of the striker fired SA and a FA closed bolt Micro?
Old May 15, 2010, 12:22 AM   #40
adn258

TO: FIREPOWER Sorry THIS WILL BE LONG I SEE THE SITUATION NOW.

Ohh I see I'm sorry about that ok so it sounds like war practically and you're being assaulted or whatever.

What would be some good choices?

An Uzi is a great choice if you want to spit out a lot of lead quick very true. Depending on how much money you have, In this case at LEAST have 2 guns, you should have one main gun and some kind of PISTOL as well I think.

The U.S. Military uses a Beretta M9. To me in a war reliability is more important all else being close than ANYTHING else. The M9 with the American Engineering has proven itself time and time again to be fast, VERY RELIABLE, and it's used by the Marines in Iraq etc..

It's been under thousands of firing tests by the U.S. Military, and it's used as a side weapon in Iraq and Afghanistan FOR A REASON. It's what our boys reach for when they need a little extra help, or their MAIN weapon has malfunctioned. Why? RELIABILITY, Versatility- it's so damn light weight and easy to move around.

I'm sure there have been a lot of attackers with all kinds of rifles and weapons, that have been shot dead with the M9 in Iraq lol. That being said it's an AMAZING SECONDARY WEAPON. What should you use for a primary weapon?

Well an uzi might be a good choice as it's Israeli made of course, but how important is concealment? An AK47 for yourself is also a good option if possible. An UZI is also good but if I understand your situation correctly I actually think I would take a smaller type 12 guage shotgun.

Get a shotgun "some are smaller" 12 guage and get some 00 or 000 Buck and some slugs. The Assailant won't bother you anymore lol.

I guess that's really my only advice man hopefully some others can give you more ideas so to recap.

Get a main weapon like a Shotgun perhaps a smaller pistol grip shotgun/12 guage. Use 00 000 or slugs PREFERABLY 00 BUCKSHOT. Or get an Uzi. Get a secondary weapon like an M9 pistol in case you do have to use it and it jams, you have some BACKUP.

In situations where things are close and personal I'd take the shotgun over the uzi lol but that's for you to judge. I don't know how the planned hits happen there in Pakistan but Slugs are deadly and 00 buck is deadly also.

M9 in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNYQMxRab-M

In Iraq
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__jJ4wwNEQ

Last edited by adn258; May 15, 2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:00 PM   #41
PTK

adn258

Seriously, you need to stop offering "advice". It's entirely clear that you know very little about proper defensive tactics, especially from a vehicle. A shotgun is a HORRIBLE choice for close-range suppressive fire, especially when one hand must be used to drive - essentially, it's too high-recoil, too easy to miss with, and you get one shot with only one hand. Seriously, quite a terrible choice.

I'm betting you've never had to deal with situations such as these, so it's understandable that you think, as do most people, a shotgun is the "be-all, end-all" of self defense (as it is in the movies, etc.)

That said, again, a full-auto small caliber SMG/PDW is ideal for one-handed defense from a vehicle, especially when suppressive fire is needed for a quick escape. If you don't believe me, simply research what actual military forces use - it's not handguns, it's not shotguns. If that doesn't convince you, go research what security companies (as in, defense, SS, etc.) use - again, not shotguns, but SMG/PDW in a caliber that allows one-handed shooting if need be. There's a reason for it.

Whereabouts in Montana are you? I'm here in Bozeman, and I'd be perfectly happy to discuss all of these tactics in person with you, along with demonstrations (with props, of course) and plenty of references in the form of books and even some old training videos I still have.
Old May 15, 2010, 03:58 PM   #42
Tucker 1371

FN P90?

I doubt the availability is very good where you are but I've seen P90s fired one handed and they seemed very controllable, plus having 50 rounds on tap would be a considerable advantage. Just something to consider.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe
Old May 15, 2010, 04:49 PM   #43
PTK

That would likely be ideal if there were more room. P90s, while small for what they are, are still quite bulky. Ammo/mags/parts/the guns themselves are nigh impossible to find in PK, though.
Old May 15, 2010, 06:30 PM   #44
Willie Lowman

Firepower, do you have a MP5k? While I love the Uzi, it seems to me that a little H&K might work for you better than an open bolt Micro.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:17 PM   #45
adn258

PTK

I live in Missoula here. I collect guns etc. I don't think that I would personally care enough at this point friend to have to be shown how to fire an UZI successfully out of my car i.e. or anything relating remotely to that lol. I feel like I can defend myself quite nicely as I go shooting almost 3 times a week.

That is a really friendly offer though man; I would be willing to learn techniques of increased accuracy or one on one defense i.e. not in a vehicle if you are willing to share what you know. I don't feel that vehicular attack techniques are really necessary in a state with Under 20 homicides a year usually totally unrelated to vehicle ambushes.

That being said if you wanted to go shooting sometime bring what you have and lets try it out; I love to go shooting lol.

--------------------- A little sarcasm and humor on the subject Below

I will add something lol if you get an Uzi or MP5 FIREPOWER guy in Pakistan make sure you get some dumb dumb bullets i.e. hollow point 9mm shells too. That way they can really be in pain with ripping holes and tear up. ALLLRIGHT!

Also especially in a dangerous state like Montana just in case someone has something like an RPG or something you wouldn't want a piffy little 9mm would you? Personally I'm getting a 40mm MK-19 Grenade Launcher turret installed in my roof. Also glass installed to stop a 7.76 39mm bullet on all sides is important. Safety 1st. While it may be more likely that I'd die in a car wreck, or cancer by eating fatty American foods, it's very important that you be on the lookout for someone about to attack you lol.

Austin

Last edited by adn258; May 15, 2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:12 AM   #46
Firepower!

GSU, P90s are available but hard to find not to mention the ammo is near impossible. That said, Micro is also very rare.

Willie, I used to have SMGPK which POF version of MP5K made under HK license. I am thinking about buying it again. It is an option id Micro does not show up soon.. I have other MP5s but they are too big for what I want them for.
Old May 16, 2010, 12:21 AM   #47
themusgrat

The problem with the Uzi is that it seems like it would be pretty hard to control while in a car, whether it's full sized or not, not that I've ever fired one. I'd honestly go either some sort of machine pistol, or just a semi would be pretty good. That said, nothing says "im going to really, really mess you up" like an Uzi sticking out of a window.
Old May 16, 2010, 02:04 AM   #48
PTK

Quote:
The problem with the Uzi is that it seems like it would be pretty hard to control while in a car, whether it's full sized or not, not that I've ever fired one. I'd honestly go either some sort of machine pistol, or just a semi would be pretty good. That said, nothing says "im going to really, really mess you up" like an Uzi sticking out of a window.
Again with offering advice when you don't know anything about the topic.

Okay, you have no idea how EASY to control Uzis are compared to ANY machine pistol. It was rather amusing to suggest that a micro-Uzi would be too much, but a machine pistol (firing the same cartridge, higher RPM, and lighter, mind you!) would be easier?
Old May 16, 2010, 10:14 AM   #49
DT Guy

While I see the need for compactness and all, I keep thinking that an AR-based 'pistol' would be a much better choice than an Uzi, especially if the aggressors were armed with AK's and such.

Even an 11.5 SBR with a collapsible stock, though larger, would be much more controllable, and offer more usable firepower, than an Uzi.

While the micro, mini and full-size Uzi's up the ROF, they don't really offer any ballistic advantage over a pistol. At least the mini AR platform steps up range and effectiveness somewhat.

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos

Tags
9mm , 9mm smg , micro uzi , smg , uzi