The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 23, 2002, 11:35 PM   #1
MikeJ

Best pocket holster for NAA .32 Guardian?

I currently carry my .32 Guardian in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick pocket holster (right front) and it works pretty well. I am wondering though if anyone has a better recommendation? I am particularly interested in the Bell Charter Oak pocket holster that is shown on the NAA website and the R.J. Hedley model. They appear to be very similar in design and I like the fact that they don't seem to have excessive material. I hate adding a lot of bulk in a pocket holster, to me it defeats the purpose. Thanks in advance for your input, Mike
Old June 24, 2002, 08:02 AM   #2
Kentucky Rifle

Mike...

I like (as I've said many times before ) RJ Hedley's back pocket model. It may look like someone else's holster, but it doesn't just "hold" your pistol. It has an "anti-print" panel that spreads and grips the inside of your pocket when you draw and all that comes out is your pistol. (VERY fast!) I have one for my Guardian and my Seecamp. The thing about RJ is that he takes a "personal" interest in every holster he makes. I know him, and I know this to be true. Don't forget to get one of the "pocket mag pouches" for your spare magazine. He only offers those with a holster purchase!
If you perfer a front pocket holster, I have no doubt that RJ is the way to go for that too. He is meticulous!

KR
Old June 24, 2002, 12:41 PM   #3
craigz

I wasn't too fond of the pistol, but I really loved the Aker sharkskin pocket holster for it that I got from Scott MacDougal & Assoc.
Old June 25, 2002, 07:43 PM   #4
jthuang

I have a Kramer horsehide pocket holster for my Guardian .32ACP. Works very well, but a bit pricey.

Justin