The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 23, 2008, 02:01 PM   #26
Scott Evans
Staff Alumnus

The fanny pack for sure looks like it will accomplish the job but I’ve always avoided them. To me they just scream “gun”. Out of sight but not really concealed to anyone familiar with carry gear.

Zeb
I’m still thinking, as you suggested that a shoulder rig may be best. I’m still open and investigating though.

As to making you look bad and you being one possessing greater sense per your bike preferences … I’d be happy to talk with you via e-mail. TFL is just not the place for it.

MOLON LABE !

I’m a G-CODE holster fan !
www.range5.com
Old December 27, 2008, 07:07 AM   #27
SuperKord

Shoulder for me

Shoulder holster is the most comfortable for me. As long as you go with one like the Maimi Classic with a snap you wont have to worry about it falling out from the vibration. I did drop an XD from a Blackhawk CQB Serpa in the shoulder holster configuration once though. I bumped the release with my bicep and it droped out on the ground. Pretty scary stuff.

-c/Kord!
Old December 29, 2008, 07:34 AM   #28
renegadebuck

I carry a Para P-12 in an ankle holster. Good tight fit and doesn't vibrate excessively. As far as a horn, Has anybody ever heard a horn on a Harley? When I took my test (I let my M/C expire for about a decade), My horn didn't work. The Officer ask what I would do if I needed it. My response "If I need it, I'll be too busy trying to save my ass by missing the blind bastard to use it." I got my endorsement, but was told to get a horn on the way home.
Most cars are built so quiet now, with the windows up, you cant hear a train, so what's the use?
Old December 29, 2008, 10:20 PM   #29
banjobart

I carry a Kahr or a Kel-Tec in my right front jeans pocket. I have carried a S&W in my jacket but that requires that you do not stray more than arms length from your jacket.
Old December 30, 2008, 11:10 AM   #30
amprecon

I use this bag from Maxpedition:
It has a compartment for a handgun in it and it rides nice.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...4&idproduct=49
Old January 3, 2009, 10:55 AM   #31
cdnbacon

Try a concealed carry vest

I don't ride a motorcycle, can barely keep a car between the ditchs! However, I carry all the time and like to keep a gun set up for a cross draw. I often use a vest from concealed carry outfitters. Do a google search for their holster vest. It is a snap closeure vest that is avail in different colors and one is a black oilskin type that is nice. There are built in holster pockets under each armpit with retention straps. quite secure and reasonably easy to draw from. Their vests are costly but very well made.
Old January 4, 2009, 10:10 PM   #32
Dangerwing

a buddy of mine has an old over-under double barrel shotgun that modified for just this purpose. He cut the barrels down to 18.5 inches and cut the stock so the over-all lengh was 26.5 inches and is shaped nearly like a pistol grip. He then got a custom made carrying device that could best be described as a sheath. It straps across his back, right shoulder to left hip. Its made in a way that it lays fairly flat against his back. It would obviously print under just a t-shirt, but under a leather or bulky jacket, you cant even tell its there.

Only faithful men teach their wives to shoot.
Old January 2, 2010, 02:43 AM   #33
thug23

Kahr PM9 with a wallet holster (pocket holster) in my rear pocket of my jeans. I wear it all summer long. When I sit on my bike seat the holster will shift a little off to the outside so I don't actually sit right on top of it so its a comfortable ride all day....something to try, the wallet holsters are cheap enough.
Old January 2, 2010, 06:16 AM   #34
KenpoTex

Same as any other time, G19 in the appendix position.

Matt K.
Old January 8, 2010, 12:12 AM   #35
Straightshooter629

It's easy for me. I always ride either in a vest or jacket, so I carry as I always do...in a Don Hume belt slide holster worn crossdraw.

BTW, nice wheels. I'm in the process of gathering parts to build a VW trike.
Old January 9, 2010, 06:39 PM   #36
rixret

Scott, I ride a stock 98' Virago, keep the ccw in a iwb in the saddle bag. I'm not nimble enough to draw, shoot accurately and ride at the same time. When
I get to where I'm going I pack the ccw in it's iwb in the right rear. By the way, nice looking scooter you have there.
Old January 12, 2010, 10:05 PM   #37
CK_32

The first 20 seconds of this video gives my answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNx4GqbuqHM

GL.
Old July 7, 2012, 03:08 PM   #38
Shakgul

px4 storm full size

I was worried about this so I got a black hawk sepra but it does not conceal as good as iwb uncle mike. A lot of people don't worry about concealment but I think it is my one tactical advantage. I went out riding with the uncle mikes to test it out, just tightened the belt a bit and keep it on my strong side hip and it did not move a bit riding a Vulcan 800.
Old July 8, 2012, 07:25 AM   #39
UtopiaTexasG19

I haven't ridden a bike for a few years now but belong to a auto club that caters to convertables. When I bought my ride it had the best muffler system possible that made the engine sound like a well oiled sewing machine and for a year I was chomping at the bits to change the system out to one that had more "burble". I paid a exorbitant price for the new system and spent two days in a very hot barn changing out the pipes and muffler. Two weeks later I took my first extended trip on a car rally to the Texas Hill Country with 35 other cars. When I returned back home after the rally I immediately took the new system off and put the old, and very quiet system back on. I guess I am at the age where screaming at the top of your lungs for the person in the passenger seat to hear you and listening to the roar of a engine for 12 hours a day was just not what I had fanticized. I am happier and calmer now. Your mileage may vary.
Old July 8, 2012, 07:43 AM   #40
PawPaw

I've got a Goldwing and I carry on the bike just like I do in the pickup, just like I do sitting at the computer. Jframe in my pocket.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com
Old July 8, 2012, 08:37 AM   #41
WESHOOT2

how good are you?

When I rode I used a Jackass shoulder holster for my 4" Security Sixes (that would be the now-named 'Miami Classic' to you whippersnappers).

Since the throttle is in your right hand, suggest --if able-- to have a holster that presents the gun to your left hand.
Ay?
Old July 10, 2012, 07:34 PM   #42
jason_iowa

Strong side owb like I always have. For me easy access is the most important thing. Being able to deploy your weapon quickly can save your life or at least a beating. Its how I have always carried and how I have trained.