The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 25, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
k511

KelTec PMR-30 .22wmr

have a chance to buy one of these, havent seen one before but i really like the idea of 30 rounds of .22wmr in a pistol...anyone ever try one? I know KelTec seems to be hit and miss (ive had great luck with them) so i wanted to try to find some input before i drop the cash
Old September 25, 2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Cheapshooter

They have been quite scarce, and difficult to find. they have been selling for more than the MSRP listed price when they are found. the early guns had an issue with feeding, and as I remember were recalled, and production stopped to find a fix. If you have found one at a decent price, that isn't a used early model it would be a good buy if you are interested in a high capacity 22Mag pistol. It is on my wish list, but not until it has proven itself a bit more, and the price drops below MSRP as it should be!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old September 25, 2012, 06:14 PM   #3
k511

the one i have found is new in box and unfired, private party sale...i believe the msrp is 475.00 ?? and the price i would pay is closer to 400
Old September 25, 2012, 06:46 PM   #4
stumper1300

I have one and will buy another if I can get it at a reasonable price. Very accurate and FUN to shoot!! Easy to tell if its the new one. The barrels were fluted on the early ones.the new ones are smooth barrels. No probe if its an older one, keltec will update it if you send it in.

So far after around 350 rounds it has been 100% free of any issues.

I take that back, you have to be careful loading the Magazines. If you goof up they wont feed right.only happened on first mag.easy once you figure it out.BUY IT!!!
Old September 26, 2012, 01:28 AM   #5
Cheapshooter

According to Kel-Tec's website MSRP is $415. With a discount similar to what most of their other guns sell for the PMR30 should be closer to $300 for a good deal. But if it's something you really want, the $400 price tag is better than the $500-$600 I've seen at gun shows!

http://www.keltecweapons.com/our-guns/pistols/pmr-30/
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old September 26, 2012, 08:15 AM   #6
Dan-O

I paid $330 for a new in box one in June, and I feel extremely lucky for finding one at this price. If you're willing to pay $400 for it, then I'd say go for it. Who knows when the market will get saturated with them and bring the prices down. Also might want to take into consideration the November elections.