The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 17, 2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Deja vu

Any one tried Zombie ammo?

I think its marketing genius. I think its just typical Hornady ammo but marketed to the zombie Apocalypse people out there.

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

I think its just A-max ammo with green tips in the rifle and critical defense with green plastic inserts for the hand gun ammo.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Last edited by Deja vu; October 17, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old October 17, 2011, 09:12 PM   #2
Patriot86

Where can I buy some of that? I want a box just for ****s and giggles..... I am going to have to ask about that next time I go to my LGS.

Its funny but planning for "ZA Day" is actually a pretty good way to plan for any sort of SHTF event.

A 4x4 "Zombie Wagon" (Going to be an old bronco or similar vehicle, basically a glorified mud truck) is on my list of buys in the near future . (Joking)

Last edited by Patriot86; October 17, 2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old October 17, 2011, 09:36 PM   #3
cbuck

i agree that its genius marketing, and people will probably buy a box for kicks, and maybe even use it if turns out to be decent hollowpoint ammo. im sure this tread will also get locked soon because of the previous post
Old October 17, 2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Chaz88

If I tried it I am not sure I could admit it with a straight face.

No spelun and grammar is not my specialty. So please don't hurt my sensitive little feelings by teasing me about it.
Old October 17, 2011, 09:57 PM   #5
Marquezj16

They look like green tipped Critical Defense for the handgun ammo and green tip SST for the rifles. The shotgun load looks like the critical defense buckshot in a different package.

I have not seen them in my area yet and looking online they are on back order. Probably because they are not shipping out yet from factory.

I agree, its a nice marketing gimmick. One that is aimed at the anti-zombie crowd (me included).

I'll get a box in each once they are available.
Old October 17, 2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

Already under discussion here: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465043

Closed as a duplicate.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread