The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 28, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Corrections Cop

Holster Help (Sig p226)

I need to ask all the holster experts a question. I need a new holster for my 226, it has to be able to be taken off and on real quick. I will just wear it for the most part traveling in the car. It can't be IWB because I'll be wearing a tucked in shirt, and a jacket to conceal the firearm. I was leaning towards a paddle holster of some kind. It will be worn at the 3 o'clock position, but I am open to suggestions on holsters, and what the best spot to wear them.

Thanks,

CC
Old July 28, 2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Herr Walther

Fobus or Safariland.

I like what used to be the 6280 with the rotating hood in the paddle configuration. That number is not correct for the paddle varient. Check out Safariland's website.

The Fobus is a pretty tough little cheap holster for $20 on line. On and off very easily and draws nicely. Both have FBI cant.

There is a ton of custom makers too if you want to spend some real money.
"...a historian asked what had happened to the German people for them to accept a criminal government. Unfortunately, nothing needed to happen. In nations across the world people accept government crime."
-------------------------------------
"In democracies as well as dictatorships, subordinates illegally obey their rulers. Subordinates who remain true to their oaths of office by opposing their rulers are rare."
Old July 28, 2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Corrections Cop

Thanks, I carry FBI cant right now. I'll check that stuff out.
Old July 28, 2013, 06:43 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

good paddle/belt rigs....

The SIG Sauer P226/P226R is very popular with cops and armed citizens.
You can buy a decent paddle rig that can convert to a belt holster.
My 1st suggestion is a Blackhawk SERPA. If you are right handed, you have a choice of colors in the SIG model.
The polymer holster can be converted to FBI, regular or canted(crossdraw).
Some instructors & armed professionals complain about the SERPA safety design but I've used it with 2 M&P duty pistols with no complaints.
The Safariland ALS holster is available as a paddle or belt holster. It's well engineered & in use with many PDs.
The Blade-tech line is a great value. You can wear it as a paddle or belt with a few adjustments. Right handed SIG P226 holsters can be had in various colors or designs.
The thumb block models offer extra security. Blade tech is endorsed by a few spec ops veterans like Kyle Lamb & Larry Vickers.

CF
Old July 28, 2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Corrections Cop

Thanks Clyde! I have a kydex belt/paddle holster. I always use the belt attachment with the forward cant. I tried the paddle attachment today and did not like the feel of it. I'm thinking that a dedicated paddle might be better. I checked out those fobus holsters on amazon, and I also checked out a couple of leather ones as well. Thanks for all the pointers so far. Blade - Tech holsters are nice, I have one for a TASER X2 that we use at work.
Old July 28, 2013, 08:14 PM   #6
comn-cents

I'm with ClydeFrog I have many Blade tec holster and think they are the best out there. I don't have an Eclipse but one is on the short list.

http://shop.blade-tech.com/eclipse-h...l#.UfXBcrHn_IU
Old July 28, 2013, 08:30 PM   #7
ClydeFrog

kramer MSP, Bianchi Galco...

For a top quality leather rig paddle holster check out the Kramer model MSP. It's a leather holster designed for the sworn personnel of the MI State Police. They issue the SIG P226 line as a duty weapon to my knowledge. Greg Kramer is highly rated. You can order the MSP paddle in horsehide too. Many armed professionals like horsehide.
Bianchi Intl and Galco sell well made SIG leather paddle designs.
Bianchi is now a part of Safariland. It was started by a former sworn LE officer & US Army veteran, John Bianchi. The NRA printed magazine did a great profile of Bianchi about 2 years ago.
Galco sells the highly rated Miami Classic II shoulder rig. You may want to look at that if you want a long term concealed rig for off duty or in a low threat area.
Old July 29, 2013, 01:11 PM   #8
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

A G-Code OSH with the paddle is a great option. Holds very close to the body and is very low profile.
Old July 29, 2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Corrections Cop

Thanks again guys for the help.
Old July 29, 2013, 06:09 PM   #10
grumpa72

http://www.epsaddlery.com/pc-53-20-snap-off-elite.aspx

El Paso Saddlery with their Snap off Elite. I have one for my Colt Commander. Wonderful holster.
Old July 29, 2013, 07:20 PM   #11
Corrections Cop

Thanks, I have been looking at the snap on style tonight and I just ordered this.

http://www.amazon.com/Tagua-Gunleath...sig+sauer+p226

Last edited by Corrections Cop; July 29, 2013 at 07:28 PM.