The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 24, 2013, 06:34 PM   #51
ZEBRARANGER

No children in my home either. I store most of my guns loaded in racks in the safe. Presenting the handguns at the correct angle, making it easier & safer to retrieve or place the guns in and out of the safe by their grips, as opposed to trying to unstack or unbox them. if I had to do that, then they would be unloaded.

Last edited by ZEBRARANGER; April 24, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old April 24, 2013, 08:34 PM   #52
Webleymkv

Depends on the safe. I have four safes (one of long guns and three small ones for handguns), and the three of them contain unloaded guns. I do, however, have one small safe which has my three most often carried handguns in it (all revolvers) and those three stay loaded mainly for convenience (the ammo is kept in a different room than the handguns are).
Old April 25, 2013, 06:48 AM   #53
iblong

All long guns are unloaded,there are 4 hand guns in that safe that are allways
loaded,these are part of the carry rotation not including the ones my gal and I are currently carring.The other safe contains hand guns that are unloaded.
even though it is unlikely that I would go to my safe durring an altercation,
We both know the 4 in the main safe are grab and go.there are loaded mags for the AR,Minni 14 stacked along with mags for the bolt guns.The hd shot gun has 5rnds OO in the but stock holder.All guns not in the safe are allways loaded.no kids at home anymore.
Old April 25, 2013, 01:42 PM   #54
Rabbitt

Quote:
After looking a several houses that had burned, we came up with a things to consider when placing a gun safe. If anyone is interested, I can remember most of them and will submit them to this thread if requested.
pcb911 - I for one would like to hear what you have to say on the subject.
Para; Browning; Colt; Henry; Rossi; Kimber; Magnum Research; Rock Island; Ruger; S&W; Sig; Taurus; Chiappa; Remington; Remington Shotgun; Hi Point Carbine; Bushmaster; ISSC; Beretta; Marlin. .22; .380; 9mm; .38; .357; .45; 12 gauge; .223/5.56.
Variety is the spice of life.