The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 27, 2002, 09:27 PM   #1
PDshooter

Moly.....Bullets Pro-Cons?

How many of you use them?
Do they better then Reg, bullet

I myself have never used them. But I had my Win.70 in .223 Re-barreled, 2yrs ago. Had about 6000rds throu it.
New barrel is Loather Walther S/S(German) Shoots great! under a in, at 100yds from the bench.

Just heard that moly, bullets put less wear and tear on barrels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg .223.jpg (14.0 KB, 50 views)
Old October 27, 2002, 09:52 PM   #2
swifter...

I use molyplated bullets in everything I shoot, and have for the last 7 or 8 years. I don't plan to quit anytime soon...
There are several legends that have grown up around moly, to where some folks respond like vampires to holy water at the mere mention. I do believe that it will protect the throat to some sxtent if proper cleaning is done and the barrel is not overheated.

Molyplating my cast bullets haseliminated leading in the two worst leaders in my revolvers.

I really don't want to get into a piddling contest, which is what most of these threads become, so I'll just say that if you are pleased with your rifle's performance, and have any doubt or question about using moly, don't!
I'll continue using it. Tom
Old October 27, 2002, 10:26 PM   #3
larryw

My only comment is if you go moly, you need to stay with moly bullets in that barrel. Its not something you can bounce back and forth with.

I've never loaded them, but people I respect swear by them. Others I respect swear at them.