The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 7, 2006, 04:13 PM   #1
smokjunkee

Problem with Mossberg 835

It started with 3 & 3-1/2" shells not exiting the magazine when I racked the action rearward, they seemed to get hung up on the mag stop. So I flexed the stop a little and now the stop doesn't seem to work at all. It will hold shells, then when I fire the first or second shot, it is just pops shells out under the elevator. Is there something I should be looking at? maybe installing a new mag stop or mag interrupter?
MB
Old October 7, 2006, 06:09 PM   #2
cntryboy1289

could be dirt involved

At times, little things like sand and grit get behind them where they can not be cammed out of the way. Clean the gun first and then load it and work the slide and see if it workd correctly.

If that doesn't work for you, then you need to work the slide slowly and see if the cams on the slide are engaging the stops enough to move them, if not, then the stop may need to be bent back out to give the cam more enggement, but you can havea broken cam at times you check them as well. Let me know what you find our out before you do you anything if you have doubts about bending the stops.
Old October 8, 2006, 08:36 AM   #3
HSMITH

Un-flex it and clean it up well.