The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 3, 2005, 09:54 AM   #1
HappyGunner

Found this old article

I was re-reading my book The shootgun in combat and found this old article I had cut from the news paper back in 1979. "83-year-old slays robber." Lakeland Fla. I ment to kill him 83 year old Albert Chestnut said. After he and his wife had been terrorized by a 24 year old 200 pound ex-convict Charles B.Braxton Mr.Chestnut killed Braxton with a blast from a 12 Ga shootgun to the head and neck. Seems this guy had broken into the Chestnuts home before and this time he about 5:15 am they heard a bump and when Albert Chestnut got up to investigate he found nothing and returned to bed. Minutes later the couple were awakened by a familiar figure with a sawed off rifle identified by police as Charles B.Braxton. Chestnut reached for a pistol he kept under his pillow but Braxton tore it from Chestnuts hand and cutting Chestnuts hand in the progress. Braxton then tied the Chestnuts up but Albert kept his arms away from his body as to allow the rope to not be tight. After Braxton left the couple tied in their bedroom Albert slipped out of his bindings and picked up the 12 ga shootgun he kept under his bed and crept up on Braxton who was in the kitchen with his head inside the deep freezer looking for hiden money they think. Chestnut said I took aim and when he stood up I pulled the trigger. So ending Charles B.Braxtons worthless life. What a nice story and a such a happy ending.
Old December 4, 2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Ruger4570

My house was broke into the other day but unfortunatly for me, and fortunatly for the thugs, I was not home. I would really hate to shoot anyone, but with crimes and people thinking it is ok to steal what you worked hard to get, I may have a change of heart.