The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 28, 2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Rikakiah

Ops Inc and SRT?

Why is it I don't see a lot about these? I really can't find a lot of info elsewhere, either-it's all AAC, SureFire, Gemtech, Sinencerco., or perhaps YHM.

The reason I'm curious is I'm looking for a threaded .30 Cal can (namely for 5.56 and .300blk) and these both have offerings that look good, at least cosmetically. I like smooth cans (no grooves or ribbing). The Ops Inc ones are particularly attractive because they extend back before the threads. This would give me the option to get, say, a 10" barrel with 9" rails and still give it an integral suppressor look (which I really like).

However, I can't seem to find much data or opinion on these.
Old July 28, 2013, 06:37 PM   #2
Willie Lowman

I was looking at Ops Inc cans last year. When I finally found some db test results for them they seemed to be in the ballpark of other more popular suppressors. They aren't much heavier. I think it is the way they mount that keeps them from achieving much popularity. Reflex cans (those that go back over the barrel) are not popular these days because everyone thinks they need a 10 inch barrel and the suppressor doesn't have the room needed to mount because the gas block is in the way.