The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 12, 2001, 04:23 PM   #1
CITADELGRAD87

I got a blackhawk shotgun butt cuff for my Bennelli. I pulled off the sidesaddle out of reliability concerns after discussing same with a local instructor.

I got the combination cheek rest and 5 loop elastic holder. I don't know if there are other versions. This one has 3 velcro straps onder the bottom of the stock and one to loop over the end of the butt.

Despite a dearth of instructions, it looks like it's on right. It seems very secure and well-made.

Questions:
1) Should the sling just feed out the front of the cuff? If so, this changes the effective rear of the sling by about 6", and affects both balance and slinging the weapon muzzle down.

2) What goes in the zipperred pouch behind the loops? It's pretty big, it looks like 6 or so extra rounds will fit, but that will be pretty heavy. I think my Seecamp will fit, in case I ever get that desperate.
Old March 13, 2001, 12:59 PM   #2
CITADELGRAD87

I was afraid of that.

Thanks, Erik.
Old March 13, 2001, 01:43 PM   #3
gunmart

you may have to have a uncle mikes detachable sling swivel installed.