The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old December 28, 2005, 03:08 AM   #1
Chris Cullen

Law Enforcement Gear USA???

Has anyone had dealings with a online store called "LEGEAR" or Law Enforcement Gear USA?

I've had an item on order with them since the start of the month, and I have been watching the Yahoo tracking centre too see if there is any progress. Now it is telling me that "This order is pending review".
I have checked with Australian Customs and the item is not on our restricted item list, so I don't know what's going on!??

I have sent emails and no reply.

I'm going to contact the back to see if the money has been debited from the account, as this might indicate if the item has been shipped already.... I hope.

Chris Cullen
Old December 30, 2005, 03:38 AM   #2
Chris Cullen

Update: The money was debited from the account yesterday. Obviously took some time before it could be shipped. The processing began on the 23rd Dec.

Fingers crossed it arrives safe and sound.

Chris Cullen
Old December 30, 2005, 05:36 AM   #3
stratus

Yeah.. gotta love the waiting phase... I'm waiting for my account to be credited for a major refund. Hoping there will be no foul play. I can relate... lol.
Old December 30, 2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Chris Cullen

This has been a rather stressful exercise I must admit. I have ordered products from the US before and have not had dramas getting them into Australia. I have never been fond of ordering anything from overseas, especially from an online based product ordering site. I could not even find a fax or phone number if I needed to contact this company. I started to wonder if they were legitimate, but they have an Australian counterpart so I thought that I would test my luck and continue on. I did however send them an email and 'contact' post through there website to basically say that if I don't hear from them within one week I will have to cancel the order. Funny enough - the order was processed the following day!
Shows what happens when you put the pressure on.

It has definately taught me a lesson in ordering internationally. I think it is wise to really look into the fundamentals of the company before you proceed with giving them your credit card details.

Chris Cullen
Old January 6, 2006, 03:06 AM   #5
Chris Cullen

Update: Item arrived in the post today. I was beginning to think that the company was a scam, as they had no contact details that I could locate on their website, and it was quite a while before anything started to happen. I monitored the debit movements of the mastercard very closely I might add.

Chris Cullen