The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 25, 2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Gabe1519

Sourcing Powder

I'm looking for a good place in Houston (Cypress area) for powder and maybe bullets. I'm about to reload my first batch and would like to have a good consistent source. I know of 10-ring on jones rd., T's in Texas City, and the larger retailers. I went by freedom munitions and the guy behind the counter said they may be selling powder soon.
Old December 25, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2
Mike / Tx

Don't forget about Bailey's House of Guns over off Almeda just outside the BLTW.
Old December 25, 2013, 08:37 AM   #3
BumbleBug

I have a friend that reloads a lot & likes to try new powders all the time. He has made acquaintance/friends with a vendor on the gun show circuit. He phones ahead & the guy brings whatever he needs in the quantity he needs. Nice arrangement if you like to go to the gun show any way.

FWIW...

...bug
Old December 25, 2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Warthogge

Mike / Texas,
Are you saying Bailey's carries powder?
Old December 25, 2013, 11:43 PM   #5
SVO

Yes, Bailey's carries powder. Last time I was there was about 6 weeks ago. Had a fair selection of powder & bullets. Was able to pick up a 8lb keg of 4064.
Old December 27, 2013, 04:38 AM   #6
Mike / Tx

^^^^ Yep what he said....

Sorry for not popping right back in here, I have a lot going on right now and it is taking up most of my free time.

Yes Bailey's has always had some selection of loading components and tools. I have been going out there since before I was in high school back in the late 70's. Mrs. Bailey still will not hesitate to climb up one side and down the other of anyone not following the rules. She is a gem for sure.