The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 12, 2013, 01:57 AM   #1
Armchair Commando

James Yeager Youtube Rant

Just curious who else has already seen this? James Yeager runs Tactical Response, a Tennessee company that trains people in weapon and tactical skills.

This guy Yeager goes on a tirade saying "'I’m not (expletive deleted)putting up with this. I’m not letting my country be ruled by a dictator. I’m not letting anybody take my guns! If it goes one inch further, I’m going to start killing people."

Of course the liberal media is having a field day with this story and painting Yeager and Alex Jones as your "typical gun owners". With friends like these in the firearms community, what do we need enemies for?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Last edited by hogdogs; January 12, 2013 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Remove profanity
Old January 12, 2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Camar

1st. Amendment, like it or not its there for all of us.
Old January 12, 2013, 02:18 AM   #3
Armchair Commando

I'm not debating the fact that he has the right to do it, I just think it's another black eye for the gun community, especially right after Alex Jones just made himself look like a clown. I really enjoyed seeing Larry Pratt from GOA kick Piers Morgan's butt by calmly arguing using facts and logic. I just think we need more arguments from guys like Pratt and less from these other two bozos.
Old January 12, 2013, 02:50 AM   #4
Gunnut17

Apparently he had his CCW suspended for it.
Old January 12, 2013, 03:53 AM   #5
therealdeal

his CCW is suspended effective immediately. he also made another youtube video with his lawyer apologizing, saying he was angry, but he is a danger to nobody&would never shoot government officials or anyone.

he also has the right to review, revisit, and appeal the decision. he is doing this.

this man has been contacted and interviewed already but has said no other comments will happen except thru his lawyer. Basically: "I know all of this; I am letting my lawyer handle all comments and procedures." (paraphrase)

Before this however, he was asked why his training license is invalid. He claimed it has just expired and that is all. I believe(my memory is fuzzy though), his tactical training store permit or training is expired or not valid too. I apologize for this last part, but either way two separate things are invalid...the second being some kind of Certification(the first being his training license).

the sign on the store training/facility states as a warning and/or disclaimer that he is trained to kill and/or 'we' are trained to kill.

If you can't find relevant storeis/articles, let me know and I will post again.....

He made some other drastic statements besides what OP mentions which might lead this person not to be able to exercise his 2nd amendment rights. An example is he will shoot anyone who comes to get his guns (paraphrase)

"Abraham Lincoln freed all men, but Sam Colt made them all equal." (post Civil War slogan)
Old January 12, 2013, 07:34 AM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Well Yeager likes to boast of "big boy rules" and now he faces some "big boy" consequences for his stupidity. He seems to have a long history of controversy and having to explain his actions/claims/decisions. Now he has to do it with a lawyer, LOL.

I am sure that will come with a "big boy" bill as well.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:43 AM   #7
rickyrick

Sadly for us, there are plenty if guys like this.

They don't understand that they are hurting our cause.

I hate these prospective new rules as much as anyone else, but, if a law is passed that affects any of my rifles, I really don't have any choice but to comply.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Kreyzhorse

Amazing. We have all spoke first and thought second but that is a pretty ignorant thing to say, and post, in any environment, much less this one.

Hopefully, he learns costly lesson from this.
Old January 12, 2013, 07:48 AM   #9
TMD

I've only done four tours in Iraq, one as a soldier and three as a contractor. All I can say is this is the kind of guy that will get someone killed some day. Oh damn, never mind. He already has.
Old January 12, 2013, 08:08 AM   #10
Double Naught Spy

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...ng-kill-people

Criminal intent?
Old January 12, 2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Strafer Gott

I'm sticking with Jesse "The Brain" Ventura as my spokesman. Cool under fire man, ice cold. He has a real quality that connects with the stand up crowd in America. He owned Piers Morgan. Salute!
Old January 12, 2013, 10:22 AM   #12
Double Naught Spy

You mean the "Conspiracy Theory" crowd?
Old January 12, 2013, 10:26 AM   #13
rickyrick

The Jesse Ventura piers Morgan interview was the best pro gun performance I've seen. He had the audience cheering him, and yes, he owned it.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:55 AM   #14
MLeake

I think Piers et al use the casting company that finds guests for Jerry Springer...

I am quite sure they would never invite me.
Old January 12, 2013, 10:58 AM   #15
Glenn E. Meyer

This is going off topic. If you want to discuss the specifics of the Yeager rant go ahead.

A general discussion of his qualities (Iraq) or other idiots on the TV isn't worth our time. Don't go there.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:09 AM   #16
MLeake

I don't think it is off topic, Glenn. The point is these shows actively seek fringe individuals who are likely to go off on rants and make us all look bad.

Real journalists would seek people from our side who could present a rational argument in a reasonable manner, and add to the discussion. Shock journalists (Piers was a "journalist" in the way The National Enquirer is a newspaper) seek outrageous guests for entertainment value. Political media hacks seek guests who will embarrass the other side.

It is no coincidence that Piers Morgan's producers have brought in "gun guys" such as Jones and Yeager. They serve two purposes - entertainment value for ratings, and idiot value for doing a hatchet job on our side.

We need to get people like Alan Gura, Tom Selleck, and perhaps Glenn E. Meyer onto these shows, so the public does not think Jones and Yeager are truly representative.

That, to me, is exactly the topic of this thread.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:12 AM   #17
Glenn E. Meyer

No, the topic is James. We have plenty of Piers' is poopy-head threads.

So why do it here again?

Back to James or go to the other media threads.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:17 AM   #18
MLeake

Glenn, asked by the OP, in the OP:

Quote:
Of course the liberal media is having a field day with this story and painting Yeager and Alex Jones as your "typical gun owners". With friends like these in the firearms community, what do we need enemies for?
So you and I disagree about what is on topic.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:29 AM   #19
BGutzman

Quote:
He made some other drastic statements besides what OP mentions which might lead this person not to be able to exercise his 2nd amendment rights. An example is he will shoot anyone who comes to get his guns (paraphrase)
I am not condoning his statement, nor recommending any harm to anyone for any reason.

What I will say is what was the original intent of the 2A? We have tons and tons of people in this forum who say it is to stand against government tyranny. Well maybe for this singular individual we have reached the point that he feels that way. He has a 1st Amendment right to say what he wishes and what he said is not significantly different from what the founding fathers told the King in the Declaration of Independence. Do we somehow not realize that those who fought in the revolutionary war did bear arms against the government of the colonies? Our forefathers must have said similar things....

We are quick to criticize those that have had enough of whatever tyranny from whomever and yet what else does the 2A stand for? Did not many of the founders express that the 2A was specifically to guard against such things and yet when someone expresses this exact thing we condemn it. I'm not saying I agree with this gentlemen, but I agree that he has the right to have his opinion and be vocal so long as it remains speech.

How can we expect to have a productive dialog with our friends and neighbors when they express themselves and we immediately punish them and discredit them as being crazy? We talk about wanting to stop people from shooting up this or that and yet we give no creditability to the anger that drives human beings. Would we not be better served to hear his anger and as a community work with him to reassure him that no matter the rhetoric, its just talk... If whatever passes into something unconstitutional, it will be defeated in the public, in the courts and in the elections. We should not condone threats but we should allow the dialog and understand we are not alone, we are a community of law abiding citizens and we can help each other through these times.

I am not arguing the reality of what he said or the politics of what he said. What I am saying is I believe he has a constitutional right to say what he said and that what he said was protected free speech... (I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, just my opinion)

In my opinion so long as this remains a exercise in free speech and nothing else, then he should be able to fully express himself without the retribution of loosing his CHL permit. It would be in my mind one thing if he said a specific persons name or a specific group of individuals but too make a mass statement in my mind is an expression of frustration and anger but not actual intent.

At all times we are bound to remain law abiding citizens but we must respect the rights of others to disagree with us or even feel more strongly about issues than we may. If we are to be moral men and women we must be allowed to say things are right or wrong and even express extreme dissatisfaction. If we want to stop violence then we need to hear each other as a community and reassure each other that we are a community and that we have lawful constructive ways to resolve these things. We can stop a lot of violence if we can just be silent enough to hear each other...

Last edited by BGutzman; January 12, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:37 AM   #20
rickyrick

All I can say is,

Things will have to get a whole lot worse than firearms restrictions.
I don't think I could consider harming a LEO or soldier under orders, even if the orders are illegal.
Old January 12, 2013, 11:51 AM   #21
MLeake

BGutzman, I defend his 1st Amendment right to speak as though he were an idiot, but that does not mean I can't condemn what he says or the manner in which he says it.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:20 PM   #22
Double Naught Spy

+1
Old January 12, 2013, 12:28 PM   #23
BGutzman

I agree, and in a long round about paragraph I said the same as you did, that he has a right to say it and you have a right to your own stance on it.... I'm just tired of everyone calling everyone a nut for having a outspoken opinion..

I think we all as a society could be more constructive in listening than discrediting. I think people fear they stand alone in these times of upheaval and uncertainty. I have next door neighbors, I will disagree with strongly until the day I'm worm food, and yet I am neighborly too them and warm with them even if I make it known I disagree with them.

I think many gun owners feel they stand alone against this tide, but we don't, we just have to reach out a little more and replace fear with unity and lack of understanding with compassion, knowledge and friendship. We also have to have the strength of conviction to stand and say what we believe even if others strongly disagree. People have to be able to voice their anger without retribution.

I did not mean to be critical of you. I should have maybe been more clear in generalizing.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:35 PM   #24
Joe_Pike

Nutjobs are on both sides. The DesMoines Register apparently pulled an online rant by one of their anti-gun "journalists". Here is part of what he said in the article:

Quote:
Then I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control.

And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures. None of that is going to happen, of course. But I’ll bet gun sales will rise.
For every nut case they can point to, you can point to one on their side.
Old January 12, 2013, 12:45 PM   #25
Strafer Gott

I'd say we're just voicing our opposition to psycho-dog rants.
Consider other speakers. People who can help us wield the ballot box, not the ratings sweeps. I don't see Mr. Nugent as mainstream, but Governor Ventura qualifies, IMHO. Is discernment dead?