The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 15, 1999, 07:52 PM   #1
BlkHawk73

I have a Ruger Blackhawk in .41 magnum. I have installed a Burris 2x using a Burris mount and Redfield rings and a SBH hammer for easier scope clearance. I now wish to install a Bisey gripframe but keep the SBH hammer and the stock trigger. Ruger service says the entire Bisle trigger assembly (INTERNALS) must be installed to function with the Bisley gripframe. I don't really want to deviate from my original pla. Is this possible? Thanks.
Old April 15, 1999, 08:01 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

BLKHAWK:
I have seen this posted in another area and am not familiar with the parts interchange your are suggesting. If I might suggest, contact Ruger for that information. The parts interchane referred to in my heading is for Hard Ware Guns.

HJN
Old April 15, 1999, 08:15 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Suggest you get a parts list for the Ruger Bisley. If the part # is different from the Blackhawk, then the parts are unique. Ruger may be concerned about fitting, function and safety of the firearm if certain parts are changed.
Old April 19, 1999, 01:36 PM   #4
BlkHawk73

Talked with a Ruger afficionado (sp?) this past weekend at a gunshow. The Proposed idea I had of Keeping my SBH hammer and the orginal trigger and installing a Bisley gripframe will work w/o any additional 'smithing. This will not however, work on the "3-screw" models. Hopefully ordering new gripframe soon...results later.