The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 22, 2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Don P

A video clip from the U.K.

This is a video about the rebellion going on in England concerning the lack of guns to protect themselves from criminals.
England outlawed all guns about 4 years ago.

After this happened , one man " Tony Martin" was put in prison, for murder, after he shot a man breaking into his house, it was the third time his house was broken into.
He was sentenced for life, while the partner of the man who was killed was arrested and released after 18 months of prison.

Since guns were outlawed, daylight burglaries with people at home, murders, crimes of all kinds have risen up to 60 % in some areas.
The English people are peaceably demonstrating in the streets to have the right to have guns in their homes again.

If you go to this you-tube site there are more videos available on the subject of guns and crime prevention.
Thanks to Art for sending this to me.

YouTube - The British called - They want their guns back!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTq2NEUlhDE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you are, I once was, As I am, You will be.
Old January 23, 2009, 10:10 AM   #2
zukiphile

A few years ago I saw a video made by an english fellow with a house in the country. His house had been burgled a few times, so he carried a vedeo recorder in his car.

The video he took showed him already having pulled up to his home to find a strange car in the drive. He entered the house to find a couple of guys carrying his TV out of the side door, he pursued them, asking their names. They didn't reply, but quick walked backed to their car, sort of the way the target of one of those local news "Spotlight on the Bad Guy" segments does. Only they were in only a moderate hurry.

The portrait of a couple of criminals with virtually nothing to fear was striking.
Old January 24, 2009, 04:04 AM   #3
TwoKings

I posted in another thread here about the situation in the UK and I wish this video would have touched on the massive increase in stabbings in the UK. Criminals have no fear there of breaking and entering at all.
Old January 27, 2009, 11:56 AM   #4
MMAWill

Well, they better fear that in this country. More and more people, me included, are arming themselves not only in public, but while in their homes as well. It's not uncommon to knock on the door of someone's house and have a pistol packing momma or pappa answer.
Old January 27, 2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Bud Helms

Read the short discussion here.

Particularly the last post, #8, by Senior Member chris in va.