The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old June 17, 2005, 08:55 PM   #51
Jammer Six

Quote:
Read the thread,think what you want,I will never post to this thread again.
Cool. Works for me.

I'm pleased that you see the error of your ways.

Wilson Combat is an excellent company, with a sterling reputation, and I'd like to welcome you to the fold of those of us who patronize them.

Have a great day!
Old December 13, 2005, 12:28 AM   #52
hexcentric1

sounds like your experience with WC was not stellar. that is, though, the first i've heard of a problem with their customer service. my shop is a WC dealer, so i deal with them on a regular basis. well, regular basis for sales. i've seen very, very few problems with their product, and only one major (i.e., gun does not function properly) problem with a new gun. every time, they have been fast and fair. very fast.

i don't own a wilson (can't afford it), i've shot a few, and sold a bunch. great guns.

my only suggestion, though i don't really see a need, is to deal with a WC dealer rather than wilson directly. WC may be more likely to take care of something when one of their dealers is calling, simply because they are used to dealing with them. but i've also had customers call WC and speak to the gunsmith who is actually working on their weapon. how many makers can do that?
Old December 16, 2005, 11:50 AM   #53
Samuel2001

First time I read this a few months back I had no opinion on Wilson Combat. Like most I thought they were the Scnitz! However that has changed. Its probably true that most people never have any problems with their Wilson products, and probably why they cant belive what cornholes they can be ovet at Wilson.

My best friend was recently looking for a quality 1911, something for HD and CCW and preferably in a 1911. Without any hesitation I told him a Wilsons CQB would fill the bill nicely. So he went to his local FFL and ordered one and paid a hair under 2k out the door.

Shortly after he took posesion of it he gave me a call and told me it was'nt feeding with either magazine. He'd been shooting WWB .45s. I told him it was very tight and should fire a couple of hundred rounds to break it in, so he did. He actualy tried shooting mostly expensive HPs like HydroShok, Golden Saber and stuff like that. after some 500-600 rounds the gun wasnt doing any better. I recomemded cleaning it, which he was doing about every 100 rounds. Did'nt belive him so I went shooting with him, still did'nt work for me either.

To make the story short he sent it back with a nice note stating that the firearn is not feeding anythig reliably. A couple of weeks later it came back with a don't be an idiot letter. In the letter they stated that he had purchased a high quality "TARGET" pistol and as such some failures were going to hapen because of the tight tolerances of the pistol. And did nothing to better the situation.

Why would you cal a gun "CQB" if it's a "TARGET" Pistol? Even if its a target gun would'nt you want it to be reliable? In Wilsons eyes that is just par for the course. That attitude just sucks. I really do think the are really caought up with the whole "We are custom gun builder" attitude, and dont give a rats ass, and it just blows.

I for one will never recomend a Wilson's gun again, and not because they are poorly built. Odds are this is an exeption. But their attitude towards the consumer just sucks. I have dealt with problems on Les Baers and Kimbers in the past and those companies were nothing but helpfull on the phone or via e-mail. They were always curtious and never reniged on their warranty or service.

Wilsons has to get off of their high horse or they will start loosing alot of business.

OK that was my rant about Wilsons, thanks for the ear.

Build a bridge, and...GET OVER IT!
Old December 16, 2005, 01:26 PM   #54
hexcentric1

Hmm... Interesting. I've had nothing but problems dealing with Kimber. Very strange. I guess variety is the spice of life!
Old December 16, 2005, 02:02 PM   #55
spacemanspiff

Quote:
NO WRITTEN WARRANTY: Due to the complexities of complying with the Federal warranty law, Wilson¹s Gun Shop, Inc. does not offer a written warranty. We continue to stand behind our products and services, and to care for our customers, but we cannot make guarantees or warranties of any kind. This general statement of policies and disclaimers is effective July 1, 1985, and no prior statements or promises shall be of any effect for transaction after July 1, 1985
You can take a good look at a butcher's butt by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?
I mean, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's butt, but then..no. It's gotta be your bull.
Old December 18, 2005, 10:09 PM   #56
PROSOUTH

My Granpa had an old saying about what he told local merchants.

"You treat me good, and I'll tell everybody about how well you treated me, You treat me bad, and I will tell everyone about how bad you treated me."

I'm sorry you had a bad experiance with this company, and I understand how disapointed you were with the treatment received and I do not blame you for the "I will tell everyone about how bad you treated me" position you have taken.

I also understand how anal some people are and that they can not be appeased with anything except perfection. This does not seem to be the case with this to me. The arrogance of some to think that they can make no mistakes is beyond me and I think this is the case with your shotgun. They seem to think that they are the most elite and it is impossible to miss a step in their process and allow such an error to happen.

I'm glad to see that your Credit Card recovered your money and that you can repair your shotgun. I had considered sending my Remington to Wilson for some work to be done on it. Looks like I won't be doing it with them after all.....
something. What I can do, I should,
and with the help of God, I WILL !
United, we make one Helluva Flame!
“LET’S ROLL !”
Old December 25, 2005, 11:24 PM   #57
joecad

big companies big attitudes

is it me or do most of the high end 1911 manufacturers all protect themselves with the "no warranty implied or otherwise clause"?.
alot of the low end manufacturers provide great warranty and service.
Ruger points out that they don't provide a warranty since most states have laws that protect the consumer and that they are compelled to provide basic good faith responses. they dont blow smoke about their service they just provide good service and it has paid dividends aplenty in the form of fiercly loyal customers.
maybe wilson figured that they can live on catchy phrases like CQC....well action speaks louder than words.that $450.00 that they took from you was like peeing in the ocean to them.....they should have bellied up to the bar.
their will be no wilson product or service in my future. i hope the credit card company does unto them what they did unto you.
just my $.02 worth.
Old December 26, 2005, 11:04 AM   #58
RevoRick

I to have followed this thread. No Wilsons for me, there are too many other great companies that make 1911's with great custumer service to boot.
Old December 26, 2005, 02:41 PM   #59
mikemm

hey guys,

count me in with the non-wilson people (or if you are wilson - count me out as a customer)!

NO WRITTEN WARRANTY: Due to the complexities of complying with the Federal warranty law, Wilson¹s Gun Shop, Inc. does not offer a written warranty. We continue to stand behind our products and services, and to care for our customers, but we cannot make guarantees or warranties of any kind. This general statement of policies and disclaimers is effective July 1, 1985, and no prior statements or promises shall be of any effect for transaction after July 1, 1985

what a frucking crock! you gotta wonder how all those other manufactures like springfield, taurus and others manage to figure out how to deal with the ahem - complexities of complying with the Federal warranty law.

"we can't figure it out here at wilson's, guess we is dumb asses, so no warranty for you. just take our word for it. we'll fix it. yep, we will. promise"

i'm laughing my ass off.

mike
Old January 5, 2006, 05:10 PM   #60
bpisler

Ruger has no written warranty but unlike WC
ruger stands behind their products.
Old January 5, 2006, 10:43 PM   #61
kend

Sounds a lot like the philosophy behind IDPA, screw the customer just get their money!
Old January 24, 2006, 06:12 PM   #62
geneinnc

they glow about their customer service, then post a disclaimer stating "NO WRITTEN WARRANTY"

I think maybe that might have raised a redflag huh?

I always wondered if those on the receiveing end of a 12gage blast could tell the difference from a $$$Wilson and a $Mossberg?
Old April 19, 2011, 01:46 AM   #63
houndsnmules

Wilson Combat doesn't post any bad reviews

I left about 4-5, 3-4 star reviews on their website which they don't post. finish was ruff on 1911 guide rod slow mail service.
Old April 19, 2011, 10:06 AM   #64
foghorn leghorn

wow a 7 year old thread?

still drawing readers, including me. But, don't things get any better at these companies?
Old April 19, 2011, 08:02 PM   #65
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Closing a painfully obvious old, tired thread...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread