The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old August 1, 2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Poppie

AGI

Hey all, looking to see if anyone has taken the 24mo program from AGI if so anyone know the cost or have any feedback about them? Thanks
Old August 1, 2011, 09:05 PM   #2
Bud Helms

Let's try the Smithy.
Old August 1, 2011, 09:29 PM   #3
Dfariswheel

For learning to do hobby work on your own guns, it's a good start, but an extremely expensive course for hobby work.

If you expect to get a job as a gunsmith or open your own shop, it won't prepare you for that.

If you want to be a real pro gunsmith, the best option these days is to attend a professional school like Colorado School of Trades, or Trinidad Junior College.
These are attendance schools that are well known in the trade for turning out professional gunsmiths.

Look at it this way. If you needed to have an airplane repaired, would you want to trust some guy who got his training from some videos?
Old August 2, 2011, 06:32 AM   #4
Poppie

Agi

Thank u for your response. I have been looking at all my options. I am glad that there is this forum to get information from others that are in this trade. Does anyone know of a trade school in New England that offers a gunsmithing course? CO is way to far for me to travel to it would be great if I could. Thanks again for your input