The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 17, 2013, 03:21 PM   #1
rollsman4

Need Help with Leatherwood Scopes

I like the features on this scope the M1000 ART 2 and the M1200. The price is even right. What I like is the auto trajectory and how easy it is to get on target at various distances. The only drawback I see is the eye relief, 3" and 3.2"
I plan on using it on my AR15 NM rifle with 20" barrel. Is this scope good for my purposes? I am 66 and wear glasses. Or is there another manufacturer that does the same and better and less than $1000. ? This scope comes with the base included. Thank you, I am off to Cabellas tomorrow, Mon to buy a scope.
I hope I can get some feedback before I go tomorrow in the am. I will be shooting targets from 100-600 yds and maybe the 1000 yd one day Thank you
Old November 17, 2013, 05:38 PM   #2
wogpotter

That is about average for eye relief currently. As for other scopes the only thing I can think of with comparable (but different) ranging is the Shepherd.
http://shepherdscopes.com/

Elderly Hunter: “That's dashed unsporting. Probably Belgium.”