The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 22, 2004, 10:19 AM   #1
Desert Dog

Western Auto Revelation shotgun

I know it isn't worth much, except to me for sentimental value, as it was my Grandmother's "yard gun" (she could hit anything within her sight with it with slugs or buck shot it seemed).

It is a Western Auto Revelation .410 pump shotgun. What I need to know is the maker of the gun so I can give it a good strip clean as I think it has never been cleaned...

I have grandson's growing up and I think it would be a wonderful little gun to teach them with...

Regards,

Mike

"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson
Old May 22, 2004, 01:24 PM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Revlation Shotgun

Revlation was a trade name used by Mossberg, 500AB and the Savage, model 30. I am guessing, u mentioned grandmother, she must be about my age, so I figure it was the Savage Model 20. (Older Gun lol) I am attaching the blow up for your convenience.

There is a 2nd image on the next page

HJN
Old May 22, 2004, 01:29 PM   #3
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

REvlation-2

From the blow ups you should be able to determine if this is the correct gun. If not, let me know and we'll look farther.

HJN
Old May 22, 2004, 07:54 PM   #4
Desert Dog

Mr. Nolden,

The gun in question has a slide type safety on the top of the receiver and it is a one piece upper receiver, unlike the one in the expanded diagram. there are also no screws through the side of the receiver. I do count three pins going through the sides of the receiver though. The trigger guard is some sort of plastic. It also has the "cocking safety" on the left side of the trigger like a Model 12 Winchester.

Regards,

Mike

"No provision in our Constitution ought to be dearer to man than that which protects the rights of conscience against the enterprises of the civil authority" - Thomas Jefferson
Old May 22, 2004, 10:55 PM   #5
rufe-snow

GrandMother's Shotgun

Here is a IPB of a Mossberg 500. The safety is located on the back of the receiver. Hopefully it will be able to help you.

http://www.thearmedcitizen.com/gunpages/mossview.jpg
Old October 13, 2009, 04:56 PM   #6
superprobie

I have a revelation model 350 series p 20 Guage single shot. I have broken the stock and in need of a replacement. Could any one help. This is what is stamped on the side of the barrel. Thanks.

revelation model 350 series p 2 3/4 inch shells savage arms westfield, mass usa

20 guage.