The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 3, 2009, 11:49 AM   #1
TangoMcBlasty

Looking for a Mossberg 500 "Shop Manual"

Hey all,

I've been looking for the Mossberg 500 equivalent to Jerry Kuhnhausen's THE REMINGTON 870 & M1100/M11-87 SHOTGUNS - A SHOP MANUAL. Any suggestions? I'm not a gunsmith but I dig the extensive detail in Kuhnhausen's books. Thanks!
Old September 3, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2
inSight-NEO

Im not sure about the "shop manual," but this might give you a decent start:

http://www.americangunsmith.com/view.php?id=40

I have spent a bit of time with this DVD and while it doesnt answer all of the questions, it has given me a deeper understanding of the 500/590.
Guns are similar, for instance, to automobiles; in the hands of the sane and responsible, they are generally harmless. In the hands of the insane, careless or malicious, they both become deadly. Blame the person, not the means....mechanical/inanimate objects have no mind of their own.

Last edited by inSight-NEO; September 5, 2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old September 3, 2009, 06:52 PM   #3
BigJimP

I like the suggestion of the american gunsmithing DVD's - I think they're well done and I have them for 1911's, Sig pistols and S&W Revolvers .....they were a good investment and a good addition to my library.