The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old May 24, 2006, 10:23 PM   #1
9mm_prn

Might buy M11...

Went in to the local class 3 guy today inquiring about a LL for my AR and he got me fired up about an M11 (FA) he had on the wall. He is asking $3500.00 and I am considering purchasing it for an investment (that I can play with).

Can you guys offer a newb some advice about this weapon and maybe some input/perspective on it's investment potential.

Thanks
Old May 24, 2006, 10:51 PM   #2
Chaingunner

You're talking about the MAC clone, right?

If I were you, I'd grab it. $3500 seems to be the average going rate for MAC10's and 11's on http://www.impactguns.com so I don't think you're being ripped off. I think if you can spare the cash, you should go for it.

As far as investing goes, remember that they're not making any FA guns for civilian purchase anymore, so eventually they're all going to be gone, and then the prices for 'em will probably climb (unless, of course, they axe that stupid GCA of 86...).

My two cents.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis."
Old May 25, 2006, 06:58 AM   #3
MisterPX

Was it NIB? For that price, it had better be, plus your desire to not wait for a F3 transfer should be factored in. Otherwise, you can find NIB's for $3000 if you look, just remember if it's coming off a F4 or F3.

Aside form that, M11's are fun toys. Especially with the Lage upper.