The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 9, 2006, 02:22 AM   #1
jcims

my $600 buckmark upgrade shopping list

($200) + ($234) + ($200)

OK, so closer to $700, but who's counting?

Anyone do similar? Opinions on the Trail-Lite? TAC 65?

(edited to add Trail-Lite question)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4-MBlack-TE.jpg (6.1 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg suptac65-2-500.jpg (3.2 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg uncle-sam.jpg (9.4 KB, 426 views)

Last edited by jcims; February 9, 2006 at 04:46 AM.
Old February 10, 2006, 02:24 AM   #2
lovdasnow

not really a buckmark, but super fun and lighter. The paclite barrels are great, super light, very accurate, you won't go wrong with that barrel. don't know anything about the tac, but have heard good things about them for the price forsure..good luck

Last edited by lovdasnow; February 10, 2006 at 10:59 AM.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:12 PM   #3
jcims

Nice looking ruger! Is that the Pilot? Matches up really nice...did you refinish the frame?

I had seen some videos of the TAC in action and thought it performed fairly well (for as much as you can tell in a video). The cost was a nice surprise. While i understand the argument to get the best you can b/c of the $200 ticket to ride, an extra $200 on suppressor will slow me down getting the threaded Tactical Solutions barrel for my (to be purchased) 10/22.

mmmmmm
Old February 10, 2006, 04:38 PM   #4
lovdasnow

ya it's the pilot.

I bought a ruger mkIII 22/45 so I could have the ultra light frame, and also the finish matches the pac-lite barrel perfect. the gun is sooooo light.

Bought the gun, and replaced the insides with all volquartesen parts.
stuck the barrel on, and now it's almost one of my favorite guns!

I have the volquartsen carbon fiber barrel for my 10/22 with a thread adapter so I can shoot the pilot on my 10/22 also. pistol is way more fun because you can shoot regular rounds and they stay subsonic(way way quieter) in it, but with the rifle you have to shoot subsonic ammo to get it to be quiet.

so splurge on the pistol, you'll have more fun with it, unless you want to shoot subsonic rounds through it.

also, buy winchester dynapoints to shoot through your handgun. They are quiet, reliable, CLEAN, and cheap. get em at wal-mart. the REM golden bullets are super dirty, don't reccomend. can't go wrong with CCI either...

good luck
Old February 10, 2006, 06:45 PM   #5
jcims

Quote:
I have the volquartsen carbon fiber barrel for my 10/22 with a thread adapter so I can shoot the pilot on my 10/22 also. pistol is way more fun because you can shoot regular rounds and they stay subsonic(way way quieter) in it, but with the rifle you have to shoot subsonic ammo to get it to be quiet.
Thanks for this info, i hadn't thought about that. I was on volquartsen's site last night and found this little beaut in the 'bargain bin'.

They designed it to shoot the Aguila SSS. I shot them an email last night asking how much to thread it. Looks pretty sweet. Not sure how much success i would have with standard 40gr LR though.