The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 10, 2010, 06:41 PM   #1
blueovelwookie

tac light and possible laser for home defense

who makes the brightest tac light for the h&k 45c and the Xdm full size? is going with the green laser better than the red?
Old March 11, 2010, 03:53 AM   #2
GunsAreGood

Well I cant answer the light question but I will say I suggest a Green laser over Red. The reason is if you want to shoot with your laser during the day time you will be able to see it better than the red. Plus it is pretty slick seeing the whole beam of the green laser. You cannot see it all the time though. I recently bought a Viridian Green Laser for my SR9 and I love it. I was at the range and put it on the SR9 to see how it would perform and I could see it easily at 25 yards on a very bright day. At night time you can shine it in the sky and it seems to be limitless. It is really like 3 miles depending on strength. With that said I would definitely suggest a light/laser combo. I do not see any tactical advantage to just have a laser except for shooting from awkward positions where you cannot get a proper sight picture. I feel it is much more important to identify the target before engaging plus a bright light will disorient an expected intruder.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns