The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 14, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1
cptmclark

ruger rimfire trigger

I'm sure this is a popular topic already worn out, but I've not found it.
I want to upgrade the trigger on an otherwise accurate 10/22, and have read about drop in units. What drop in triggers are best and easiest (or both) and are they really better than do it yourelf trigger jobs on the original, for the not-too-handy-yet. Thanks a lot for advice, or for redirecting me if necessary. Mike
Old September 14, 2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Pahoo

By drop in, I take it you are talking about complete trigger housing. There is more than one good choice out there and certainly one would be a Volquartsen. There are also two-stage triggers that are pricey but excellent.

Now as far as doing it yourself, it's fairly easy and you get good results. I have done quite a few and how deep you want to go into it, depends on how much time and money you want to spend. You can take an OEM trigger housing and for $30.00 get at least a 2-1/2lbs. trigger. The target hammer kit will be a big advantage. It's not surprising to find OEM triggers in the 5+ range. From there, you can get better depending on what you buy. However, if you don't like to tinker, then buy a complete housing.

If you do buy a complete new trigger housing, I would be interested in buying your OEM.

Just go searching and you will find more upgrades than you can shake a stick at. .....

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by Pahoo; September 15, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old September 18, 2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Dallas Jack

Timney is now making a drop in trigger for the 10/22. That would be my first choice. Midway has it for $144.99.
Dallas Jack