The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 7, 2000, 03:50 PM   #1
EricO

Couple of quick questions:
1. I believe I've heard there's a HK/Benelli forum website - does anyone have the link please?
2. As far as CA. legality, most people I've talked to about the pistol gripped M1super90 are under the impression that it's classified as an assault weapon and therefore cannot be legally sold/purchased at this time. When I've read the "characteristics" of an "assault weapon" on the DOJ or regagun.com site under semi-auto shotguns, I believe they're still legal. They are, aren't they?
3. Can one purchase a straight stock to interchange with a full length pistol gripped stock for the m1super90 semiauto in case the above law changes or for versatility?
4. What's the going rate for a m1super90, with ghost rings and pistol gripped stock?

Thanks, EricO
Old October 7, 2000, 04:28 PM   #2
manny1

1) Do not know of this website (2) Any semi auto shotgun with at least 2 of the following : Folding stock, Pistol grip, Fixed mag capacity of over 5 rounds, or Detachable mags. These are the ATF/Federal guidelines, which supersede individual state guidelines. All states can do is add to them. (3) I have read in other posts that replacing the pistol grip stock with a straight stock removes 1 of the evil features. (4) On the Tactical Ghost rings are standard. One the Defense gun & Slug gun they are an option. Book retail is $800.00, but I'm sure you can find it afew bucks cheaper by shopping around or surfing the auctions. I've had one since 1991 & it's been a pleasure to own one. This shotgun eats any type of shotgun ammo without a miss. Hope this info helps.
Old October 7, 2000, 05:59 PM   #3
Jhp147

Try www.hkpro.com for the web site, and you can go to the forums from there. Don't pass up the web site before going to the forums, it is really super.

------------------
Shamans emerge whenever certain needs remain unanswered...Mark Levy
Old October 7, 2000, 07:04 PM   #4
GGGLOCK

EricO,

1. The Benelli Forum is at http://www.unitedforums.com/cgi-bin/...i?action=intro

2. See manny1's response.

3. Monte carlo stock is available from Benelli for around $60. Sometimes CDNN has them for slightly less. Also check Shotgun News. I got mine for $31 from a guy at http://www.gunbroker.com . Keep an eye on the auction boards; good deals turn up now and again.

4. I got my 18" 5 shot M1S90 w/ PG, GRS, and extra choke tubes for $779 in Las Vegas.

[This message has been edited by GGGLOCK (edited October 07, 2000).]
Old October 8, 2000, 06:28 PM   #5
EricO

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll be checking it out. EricO