The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 15, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Coach Z

Anyone else having issues using ATF online "e-forms"

I've been trying like hell for an hour now to register so I can submit a couple form 1's before all the rules change and for the life of me can't seem to get logged in. tried to register twice and I'm about ready to scream.

Anyone have any insight on this?
Old September 15, 2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Deja vu

I have never use one but i do wish you good luck! I hope someone more knowledgeable than me comes along soon.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...
Old September 16, 2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Armorer-at-Law

They have been having all sorts of problems with the roll out of this. Keep trying. Try a different browser. I was able to register using an older version of IE.
Old September 16, 2013, 07:57 AM   #4
Coach Z

Tried a bunch more

Actually installed windows on my mac just to try IE and nothing, feeling a bit defeated and haven't even put pen to paper yet. I think I'll try chrome just for jollies but not hopeful
Old September 17, 2013, 06:10 PM   #5
rjrivero

ATF eform Bulletin

Don't know if this has any bearing on why you can't get logged in, but I got this email this afternoon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF eForms Bulletin
Good afternoon:

Attached is a copy of ATF’s first eForms Bulletin. The eForms Bulletin is a different publication from the eFormsNews (which is published every other month) in that the articles in the eForms Bulletin are more of an urgent nature and cannot wait unit the next eFormsNews for publication. We hope that you find the eForms Bulletin informative. eForms Bulletins will be published as needed.

If you have any questions about any of its topics please contact me or you can always use the “Ask the Expert” function within eForms. The next eFormsNews is due to be published at the end of the month. For those of you who may be new to eForms and did not receive a copy of the latest eFormsNews I have attached a copy for your convenience.

Please note that the first article in the bulletin entitled “eForms System Outages” advises our eForms users that we will have to bring the system down at NOON EDT each day to restart the system. These midday will continue to be preformed until we can implement a permanent solution to address the issues that are requiring us to initiate a full restart midday each day. We are diligently working to resolve the issues and hope that we can abandon this procedure soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this procedure may cause you.

You have received this email because you are a registered user of ATF’s eForms system.

Thank you for your continued use and support of ATF eforms.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf eForms Bulletin 9-17-13.pdf (306.3 KB, 95 views)
Old September 17, 2013, 06:25 PM   #6
rjrivero

I just logged in to look around. Worked for me. I'm using Safari on a MacBook and I'm using Firefox as well. I was able to log in on both browsers without problems.