The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 14, 2013, 03:04 PM   #51
Evan Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme
With no knowledge of the MMPI (other than having taken the MMPI-A once), I'm assuming higher scores on the introversion scale mean more introverted.

If a highly introverted person is .37 times as likely to be an SSRI responder, that means SSRIs don't work as well for that group, right? If introversion were not correlated positively or negatively, they wouldn't be able to state a figure like 0.37 comparing SSRI effectiveness between groups with higher introversion and lower introversion, right?
Yeah... It is "as likely." Sorry about that. And I did get the MMPI-scoring thing backward...

That said, what makes this hard to interpret is that they report only the age results as a strong predictor, with younger people about 3 times as likely to respond positively.

I find it odd that they described their findings in such an apples-and-oranges way. Why wouldn't they report the introversion results the same way: people who scored low on the introversion scale were 2.7 times as likely to respond positively to the medications? If so, there's not much difference in the predictive value of the two measures.

Or they could have said that older people were 0.33 times as likely to respond to treatment, and that introverts were 0.37 times as likely to respond. (If in fact that's what they found.)

If that was the case, I don't see why their conclusion in the abstract wasn't that both were good predictors, but that age was a teeny bit better. Confusing. I was reading the numbers from a zero baseline, in which any positive number would indicate a positive correlation with response to the drug, rather than a baseline of 1; so, in effect, I took 0.37 as a percentage...

I guess I shouldn't try to analyze this stuff while watching a football game.
Old January 14, 2013, 03:31 PM   #52
tayronachan

It is hard to believe there are still some people out there that haven't caught on that it's the psychotropic drugs that are behind these shootings. Why have they only happened in the last 18 to 20 years? Why is the MSM so quiet about that, and why have none in Congress and the MSM mentioned the psychotropic drugs? Could it be because the MSM recieves ad revenue from Big Pharma, and politicians recieve campaign contributions from Big Pharma? Adam Lanza was on Fanapt. There is not as much info out there about that now as there was just a few days after the event at Sandy Hook. But you can still find it.

"Another School Shooting, Another Psychiatric Drug? Federal Investigation Long Overdue"

Quote:
Fact: Despite 22 international drug regulatory warnings on psychiatric drugs citing effects of mania, hostility, violence and even homicidal ideation, and dozens of high profile shootings/killings tied to psychiatric drug use, there has yet to be a federal investigation on the link between psychiatric drugs and acts of senseless violence.
I'd have to call the shootings "false flags through negligence" to get the hi-cap semiautos out of The Peoples hands.

Last edited by Tom Servo; January 14, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Removed copyrighted content, provided link
Old January 14, 2013, 07:59 PM   #53
Evan Thomas

Tayronachan, can you provide a link to your source for the above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayronachan
Adam Lanza was on Fanapt. There is not as much info out there about that now as there was just a few days after the event at Sandy Hook. But you can still find it.
The Fanapt story was a hoax perpetrated by a convicted felon (recently paroled after spending ten years in Federal prison for conspiracy and wire fraud convictions) who traveled to Sandy Hook in violation of his parole, and claimed to be Adam Lanza's uncle. He even posted videos of his trip to his Youtube page...

He's now back behind bars. See this article for details.

Quote:
Why is the MSM so quiet about that, and why have none in Congress and the MSM mentioned the psychotropic drugs? Could it be because the MSM recieves ad revenue from Big Pharma, and politicians recieve campaign contributions from Big Pharma?
<snip>
I'd have to call the shootings "false flags through negligence" to get the hi-cap semiautos out of The Peoples hands.
Be a bit careful with this stuff. The moderators here tend to frown on conspiracy theories...

Last edited by Evan Thomas; January 14, 2013 at 08:12 PM.