The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 2, 2007, 12:31 AM   #251
Prolanman

Weapon Shield is great stuff. I used the free sample George had sent out. I ordered 2 of the 16oz bottles with the sprayer on Wednesday and they were here by Friday. I even used some on the sqeeky hindges on my front door. It quited them down and the door opens smoother now. Great product and great service.
I'll be ordering some of the other products soon.
Old September 4, 2007, 11:49 AM   #252
Gregory_k

Been using this oil on my Edge and Kimber. no problems, cleans easier than it did when I used fp-10.

the oil still does not replace a cleaner like butch's bore shine or gunslicks foaming bore cleaner, but it works well enough on carbon and lead that those solvents do not need to be used as often as before.

When my 2quarts runs out I'll get some more.
Old September 7, 2007, 01:43 PM   #253
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

I need to preface this with the understanding that I’ve known George for around 20 years. When he sent me some samples and told me that Weapon Shield works better than FP-10 I had no reason to doubt him. Still, I felt it important to put the new product through its paces before I weighed in here.

Over the course of two months I have used Weapon Shield exclusively for lubricating two different AR-15s: a Cavalry Arms Scout and a Defensive Edge SLR15. Total round count is approaching 2,500 rounds with no problems.

Last week my son and I attended two intense days of pistol training at Valhalla. Pistols were a Kimber Warrior and a Kimber TLE/RL. We used only Weapon Shield for cleaning and lubrication. Total round count over two days was 1,855. Again, no problems with the exception that I had to tweak the extractor on my Warrior and replace an aging recoil spring.

Congratulations, George. You have another winner on your hands.
Denny
Old September 7, 2007, 03:18 PM   #254
gcfennell

Thank you Denny. And thank you all.

That means ALOT to me, coming from you, my friend.

Best regards, and see you in Vegas,

George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old September 7, 2007, 09:49 PM   #255
Floydrayhickerson

Weapons Shield

GEORGE: Thanks so much for your help in getting the product to our military. You will long be remembered for this.

Floyd Hickerson
Old September 18, 2007, 07:19 PM   #256
Edward429451

Maybe I'm just tired but I was all over that site and can't see how to order some WS...

Little help?
Old September 18, 2007, 07:28 PM   #257
dralarms

George,

Have your partner call me I am ready for another round. Need 4 engine shield and 2 transmission shield.
Old September 18, 2007, 07:29 PM   #258
MyXD40

Started using it on my XD40 which I shoot at least once a week, few hundred rounds, and I must say, this stuff is great!!

Thanks for the free sample! I'll be ordering more here soon I'm sure!
Old September 18, 2007, 07:39 PM   #259
czydj

Thank you for getting me the sample, George. I put it right to use and I definitely like the smoothness of the slide(s) and WS is stayin put! No excessive leaking, weeping or migration. Looks like my Tetra lube and Break-Free CLP are going in the back of the cabinet!

My only request is can you make it smell like Hoppes #9? (love that smell...)

Tally up another vote for WS!!!
Old September 18, 2007, 10:17 PM   #260
armoredman

Been using it exclusively since I got it - works great.
Old October 9, 2007, 06:23 AM   #261
nforcelaw4u

George, I got my WS and used it on the new Kimber I bought after pumping fifty rounds through it day before yesterday. Love the product it works great and will be ordering more from you when the sample is gone. My only complaint is the packaging, its hard to get a drop or two out of the bottle without waisting some that oozed out of the applicator tip. It is great to not have to use Hoppes and deal with it's Odor. Maybe I will buy the spray applicator and see if that works a little better. Thanks for the sample and will definately order more in the near future.
Old October 9, 2007, 08:35 AM   #262
ZeSpectre

Last I knew George was working on a "needle applicator" type of thing.

I have a couple of bottles like this and I've been using them for fine application.
Old October 9, 2007, 07:35 PM   #263
Cpl Nobbs

I'm happy as all get out with it. passed the rest of the bottle off to my gunshop owner to try out. (cautiously positive response so far, he's very picky) if he doesn't order it soon I'll order right from source.
Old October 10, 2007, 04:40 PM   #264
obiwan1

George:

I finally got to use it. Great stuff! After the sample is gone I WILL be ordering a spray bottle full!
Old October 11, 2007, 03:20 PM   #265
ZeSpectre

FYI... an update

By the way, I just posted an update over on the "What lube is this" thread that kicked this off.
Old October 11, 2007, 05:27 PM   #266
JBP55

George
Weapon Shield is the best CLP I have ever used. My 1oz bottle is almost empty so I ordered two 4oz bottles from M-P Store. My handguns run smooth and clean up better than ever. Rain and sweat does not seem to affect the guns at all when treated with Weapon Shield.

Last edited by JBP55; October 11, 2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: to complete sentence.
Old October 19, 2007, 12:52 AM   #267
Mahalaleel

Thanks a bunch George! I received the sample bottle, and have only gotten to use it lightly, but it has done the trick! Cleans well, and lubricates, I look forward to being able to use more of it. It also seems to maintain itself very well inside a pistol. I used too much at one point, and it is still there doing its job.

Another important part, I have gotten nausea from other cleaners' aromas, while Weaponshield had no such effect. That alone makes it a winner for me!
Old October 23, 2007, 08:46 PM   #268
dralarms

Ok guy's,I have been a very vocal advocate of WS since I received my little (yea right) sample bottle. I have bragged about how after wearing my sidearm for 1 week and how no rust shows through, tlaked about how "slick" my firearm feels even after sweating on it for days straight. Well no more,

I have just disassembled my firearm after 3 or 4 weeks (can't remember which), I just could not stand the dirt and grime I knew was in there, along with the rust that was forming under the slide.........

Well if i wasn't already sold on this stuff I'd be now, 3 or 4 weeks of me sweating (I've had stainless steel pocket knives rust on me) on this firearm, crawling around in attics, ETC I just wanted everyone to know I could find NO rust, not 1 speck, now there was plenty of crud (sweat salts) in the roll pins, under the take down lever, around the sights, but no rust, no grime that would have hindered this firearm in any way. I will never go back to my old cleaning stuff, EVER, I just placed another order with WS and can't wait until it arrives (actually it for my trucks), got enough firearm stuff for now but will be getting more soon.

George, keep up the good work.
Old October 23, 2007, 10:03 PM   #269
Jacobie

Is it still possible to get a sample of this, I have been looking for a new brand
Old November 1, 2007, 01:10 PM   #270
gcfennell

Weapon Shield CLP Needle Oilers

Hey all. Sorry for not being around much, but I got knocked down for about 6 weeks with health issues. Getting on my feet again.
Everyone has been asking for this for a couple of monts now, so...
GOOD NEWS
We have our Weapon Shield Needle Oilers in stock!!
Take a look...

They are $4.99 Retail (each) and you can order them by calling (800) 390-1535. Each contains 1/4 ounce of Weapon Shield CLP and is refillable.
Best regards,
George
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old November 1, 2007, 01:12 PM   #271
WiscTJK

Got my sample last week and I really like it. Makes my lever easier to cycle and make the bore really easy to clean.

And it does an awsome job re-conditioning old tools, fixing sqeaky hinges, heck I've tried it on a variety of things.

Great product and I am ordering more.

Thanks,

WiscTJK
Old November 1, 2007, 02:25 PM   #272
prosandbagger

Clean ? oil ?

I have to clean and oil it after use ?
Old November 1, 2007, 02:31 PM   #273
Doggieman

What is weapon shield?
Old November 1, 2007, 02:52 PM   #274
dralarms

only the best cleaner and oil all in 1 I have ever found.
Old November 1, 2007, 08:42 PM   #275
ZeSpectre

Quote:
They are $4.99 Retail (each) and you can order them by calling (800) 390-1535. Each contains 1/4 ounce of Weapon Shield CLP and is refillable.
Best regards,
George
Ah, more stuff for me to order